Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Namingway hack

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Cool, thanks man! And yes, it's always helpful to include a readme of the changes along with a patch like this. Wink

Also, I see there @ CA9F06-CA9F0F you took out a small bit of the original code for the 2 jumps to the F1 bank. I don't see a -real- problem with the 'disable ability to pass through other objects' commands that get overwritten, but I'm wondering if any events following right after this one might be altered without the free screen command that was issued here. Have you had the chance to test that? If I do wind up using this patch, I'd move that part to some free space I have, but I'm still curious how it works out like it is here.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Why not taking an extra 4 bytes, and make an extra jump for the bytes that have been erased? This way you don't lose anything and it's not like the space was missing in F1...
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
The first of the two jumps is to send the normal Terra scene to the nine or ten missing bytes, which I put in the F1 bank to make room for the second jump. Only the second jump accesses the code for the Namingway scene. I'm not sure whether there is a way which is easier or less wasteful of space (like if there were an extra couple of bytes that I could have used to start the scene somewhere) but this worked for me. I tested the Terra scene and the Namingway scene and both seemed to work fine with this code.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Oh, ok nice - yeah I see the bytes there now. Alright then, all is good to go!
I'll be sure and credit you of course for the event should I use it. I'm going to bring it over to my hack now and see how it goes. ^_^

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Awesomeness, glad I could help!

Confused Moogles FTW