Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
author: seibaby
version: 1.1
released on: 27/08/2017
Download

EDIT: Added an Imp's Rage-compatible version of the patch.

Hey, everybody, this year is off to a good start, hacking wise! Here's a patch for a long-standing exploit (only recently fixed in the Mobile/Steam releases). I'll just copy from the readme:

Casting Muddle on one of your characters and then having them select an attack causes the targeting on that attack to be reversed - even with attacks that can normally only target characters. This behaviour is a wellspring of bugs and exploits; for example, the disappearance bug associated with getting hit with Muddle during a Palidor cast, or shenanigans such as using Smoke Bombs on enemies to cause them to run away.

While assassin17 released a patch for the Palidor issue long ago, the exploit of using Muddle to reverse the targeting on Smoke Bomb or other character-only attacks was never addressed until the PC/Mobile remakes.

This patch neatly fixes all Muddle-related targeting bugs by simply canceling any attack someone may have queued up when they are hit with (or cured from) Muddle, much in the same way Sleep does.

Apologies to all lazy Intangir farmers and low-level Charm Bangle enthusiasts.

Readme:
Code:
  Find
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • B-Run (01-06-2017), madsiur (08-27-2017), SSJ Rick (08-20-2017), Tenkarider (01-05-2017), Warrax (08-19-2017)

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Finally! that was exactly the fix i wanted to do in my hack, you saved me a bunch of time  Wink

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Definitely a great fix but it conflit with Imp's Rage patch from Leet Sketcher and doesn't seems to work at all with FF3us v1.1
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Warrax for this post:
  • seibaby (08-27-2017)

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Thank you for your report. Here's a version that's compatible with Leet Sketcher's fix.
Sorry about the incompatibility with 1.1 - I generally don't bother to make patches compatible with that version. The gold standard for modding is version 1.0.

Patch

Code:
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • Warrax (09-01-2017)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
1.1 fixed the issue, it now work with FF3us 1.1 for some reasons Wink Thanks!
This patch is definitely game changing...no more wipes due to Stunner or Ultima.
  Find