Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lobo in Classroom to Different Monster?

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hey guys! So I was wondering... How can I change the Lobo that's fought in the Classroom Chest to a different MonsterTongue? Say, a custom monster of mine? How would I go about doing that? I looked around already and couldn't find anything on it, but I may have missed it<_<. Thanx again for ANY help!

Roy-boyObjection!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Well, you could simply change the monster chest pack to another one with the Level Editor, but for a new custom monster formation, assuming you've already created the new formation and then put that new formation into a monster pack via FF3usME, you could use FF6MDE's (another tool) chest editor to put your new monster pack/formation into that chest.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Having trouble finding which chest it is in the FF6MDE. Could you point me in the right direction?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-18-2012, 07:07 PM)Roy-boy Wrote: Having trouble finding which chest it is in the FF6MDE. Could you point me in the right direction?

Well you need a treasure chest list. There is one here. They are listed by map but I believe they are in the same order than how FF3MDE loads them. You just have to calculate which chest is which.

But in your case maybe you would be better using FF6LE. You just go to map number 69 I think and then at the bottom of the npc tab you have the chests for that map. You can click on the blue square in the editor to display a blue box around the chest to see which one it is. You can assign your pack number directly to the chest and choose monster-in-a-box.

But there is only 256 possible monster packs that can fit in a chest even thought there is 512 packs. So the pack number of your monster formation which contain your monster must be either in the 2nd half (packs 256 to 511) or the first (pack 0 to 255). I never remember which half is good.

To assign a certain pack number to a monster-in-a-box chest with FF3MDE can be a more difficult task because you can't choose directly which pack you want to use, unless I use that editor like an idiot lol.Finger

Edit: Use the version of FF6LE that has been released in 2009 or 2010 I think. The new Rogue version would most likely corrupt your ROM, for unknown reasons so far.

Find

Status
None
Thank you so much yet again Madsiur! You're so very helpful! I found the chest I wanted to edit and even added secret chests through out the game for my Custom character(that I mentioned in the Locke to Gogo thread) to have his own set of Ultimate Equipment! I'm sure I'll come up with something else I need help on, but I'm learning as fast as I can xD. Thanx again for all the help!
  Find

Status
None
I thought I was done with this thread but I ran into a problem... I created a new chest in the Falcon and placed a side boss I created in the chest. at 1st, I replaced the Single Lobo formation to be the boss and changed the 254 pack to my boss. The monster-in-box spot in the Falcon worked great and gave me the side boss. So I figured I didn't need the Lobo replaced anymore bcuz I made a pack with my boss. but now It's just the Lobo again. My boss is set to formation 490, and pack 254. but when I open the chest it loads the Lobo. How do I fix this issue?

EDIT: Nevermind xD. After re-reading what I typed and what Madsiur said I figured it out. I feel like a derp x3!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm having trouble with this too with a chest in Zozo.

Programs I'm using:

FF3LE
FF3usME
FF6MDE

I've found the chest and changed the pack # and the monsters that appear in the pack I've selected, but it still shows up as "Lobo" in FF6MDE and when I open the chest in-game.

My process:
Open up FF3LE
Go to Map 0E1 [Zozo, inside]
Go to treasure #1
Change type to "monster-in-a-box"
Change pack# to 254 (I've tried other pack numbers with the same process and got the same result); it caps at 255, zone eater.
Open up FF3usME
Go to Formations
Go to packs
Go to pack 254
Change all the monsters to the same monster group
Open up FF6MDE
Go to chest 134 (armor shop)
Monster pack reads as 254, Lobo

I've done the steps above in that order, and in other orders as well (FF6 MDE, FF3usME, FF6LE, flip them around, etc.); for some reason it always shows up as "Lobo" every time. I feel like I'm missing something, but am at a loss. I just recently picked this back up again, but have been able to do everything else I've needed to do just fine.

My intent is to put a unique enemy (already in-game, changing battle script/stats) in the chest rather than one of the pre-supplied monster-in-a-box packs.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-18-2012, 10:26 PM)Overswarm Wrote: I've done the steps above in that order, and in other orders as well (FF6 MDE, FF3usME, FF6LE, flip them around, etc.); for some reason it always shows up as "Lobo" every time. I feel like I'm missing something, but am at a loss. I just recently picked this back up again, but have been able to do everything else I've needed to do just fine.

Pack number in FF6LE are actually 256 to 511 in FF3usME. You cannot assign a pack number under 256. Since most of the bosses are in a pack higher than 255, it's this second half of the packs that was chosen. You just have to put your formation in a pack higher than 255 and you make your actual pack number minus 255 to get the number to enter in the FF6LE. This is good for event command 4D also which trigger a fight.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
You are awesome sir.

Any idea on how to make the chest still have an item in it / give a specific item after defeating the monster? I haven't looked too hard so I could probably figure this out if it is possible, but currently I only know of "have monster drop item".
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-19-2012, 12:58 PM)Overswarm Wrote: Any idea on how to make the chest still have an item in it / give a specific item after defeating the monster? I haven't looked too hard so I could probably figure this out if it is possible, but currently I only know of "have monster drop item".

You can do that with an event. The way I do it is place an invisible NPC on the same tile as the chest. When you talk to the NPC it triggers the battle with a pack from number 256 to 511. Then when the battle is over you add an item of your choice to the inventory and display a dialogue box with a message and change the tile of the chest for an open one.

You must also set an event bit that will be used in the entrance event of the map to make the tile change effective when you re-enter the map after opening the chest. Finally you deleted the invisible NPC and reflect this in the entrance event as well. There can be some variant of that kind of event but basically it's this.

I made locked chests that you can only open with a key or a pick lock that way...
  Find