Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Locke to Gogo?

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(02-18-2012, 04:59 PM)Roy-boy Wrote: Thank you so much Madsiur and Angelo26! I was able to finally get it to work properly! And in giving Gogo and Umaro Extra abilities I was able to learn those as well when they were recruited! Thank you guys so much!
You sure learn quickly, glad we could be of help

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
I have hit a complcation. Once I change Locke's ability from steal to something else and leave the menu, steal is no longer in the game untill I get Umaro(since I put it in his empty slot). So when doing Locke's scenerio in Figaro if you've changed his abbilities it's un passable. How do I fix this error?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
you can fix that in the enemy script

change it so that any other command you want to make him steal the clothing

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-10-2012, 01:58 PM)Roy-boy Wrote: I have hit a complcation. Once I change Locke's ability from steal to something else and leave the menu, steal is no longer in the game untill I get Umaro(since I put it in his empty slot). So when doing Locke's scenerio in Figaro if you've changed his abbilities it's un passable. How do I fix this error?

I don't think it's an error it's simply how the menu behave. Since nobody has steal it doesn't appear. You will have access to the abilities that OTHERS have. I think that you can't remove mimic from Gogo and it was meant for a reason.

Edit: You could hack it to make all the ability appear if there is place in the menu. That would be taken care in bank C3 but I don't know more than this.
  Find

Status
None
So how do I avoid losing steal untill I get Umaro? WITHOUT not changing his skills before then?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-11-2012, 01:06 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: So how do I avoid losing steal untill I get Umaro? WITHOUT not changing his skills before then?

This is an idea from Angelo: You could maybe set Umaro's availability bit before Locke scenario in the event when you select Locke for his scenario with Mog. Check the event bit document for which bit to set. It should be the one that says "Umaro is available".

This is just a suggestion and we don't know if that will make steal available.
  Find

Status
None
I would suggest you take a look at the event script and look for what event bits are set when Umaro joins the party and is available.

Why, you might ask? My suggestion is this: If umaro possesses steal in your hack, you need to set the event bit related to "Umaro is available" Right before locke's scenario in south figaro. This way, when Locke is put in the party, I believe steal should be an assignable ability.

Of course, when locke's scenario is over, you need to make sure that Umaro is not available anymore to the party (by clearing the event bit).

And this might bring a small issue while you're shopping in stores: Umaro might be seen in the bottom window of the character roster.

Status
None
I knew event hacking was gonna be a huge part of this xD! Oh well. I guess I better start learning better. Honestly though It's almost like I watch a video and it goes in one ear and out the other ya know? I would understand the entire event editing better if I watched and followed along with a spacific event edit such as this or what not. I am bad at learning by reading. Much better and Learning by showing. Even in school xD. Again though, thanx for your help guys. And yer patiance. I'm aware I'm not the brightest knife in the shoebox xP
  Find

Status
None
Did you check Madisur's tutorials? Or his YT channels? He has a tutorial on event bits and all that.

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-11-2012, 03:15 AM)Angelo26 Wrote: Did you check Madisur's tutorials? Or his YT channels? He has a tutorial on event bits and all that.

I've never done a tutorial specifically on event bits but on moving events and on branching, yes.

(03-11-2012, 02:57 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: I knew event hacking was gonna be a huge part of this xD! Oh well. I guess I better start learning better. Honestly though It's almost like I watch a video and it goes in one ear and out the other ya know? I would understand the entire event editing better if I watched and followed along with a spacific event edit such as this or what not. I am bad at learning by reading. Much better and Learning by showing.

Well you will most likely need to move the said event somewhere where you will be able to add at least bytes or maybe more. I did a video tutorial on moving events but you still need to read. Check this link. The first thing if you want to do some event editing is to understand a bit Hex and some event commands too. Not all of them but the ones that you will use. The ones concerned here are event commands D0 to DD.

Code:
D0 : 2    : Set event bit $7E1E80 + A/8 (1st set)
D1 : 2    : Clear event bit $7E1E80 + A/8 (1st set)
D2 : 2    : Set event bit $7E1EA0 + A/8 (2nd set)
D3 : 2    : Clear event bit $7E1EA0 + A/8 (2nd set)
D4 : 2    : Set event bit $7E1EC0 + A/8 (3rd set)
D5 : 2    : Clear event bit $7E1EC0 + A/8 (3nd set)
D6 : 2    : Set event bit $7E1EE0 + A/8 (4th set)
D7 : 2    : Clear event bit $7E1EE0 + A/8 (4th set)
D8 : 2    : Set event bit $7E1F00 + A/8 (5th set)f046
D9 : 2    : Clear event bit $7E1F00 + A/8 (5th set)
DA : 2    : Set event bit $7E1F20 + A/8 (6th set)
DB : 2    : Clear event bit $7E1F20 + A/8 (6th set)
DC : 2    : Set event bit $7E1F40 + A/8 (7th set)
DD : 2    : Clear event bit $7E1F40 + A/8 (7th set)

The Umaro bit I was talking is this one:

Code:
2FD DF:5 Umaro is available

There are other Umaro bit like Angoelo said but they might be less important for what you want to do (except maybe bit 2ED):

Code:
07E 8F:6 Recruited Umaro
1AD B5:5 Multipurpose, Umaro-related bit
26D CD:5 Unused? (Umaro...)
27A CF:2 Defeated Umaro
2ED DD:5 Umaro is covered by the shop and item menus and Gogo's Status screen

So the "Umaro is available" bit is number 2FD so then you will need to use command D4. The 2 bytes command will be D4 FD to set the bit and D5 FD to clear it. You can either try to make place in the event or move it in the expanded part of the ROM to fit those 2 bytes. As I said, you might need another event bit set to make steal available and I suspect that bit 2ED might have something to do with it but I'm not sure...
  Find