Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Locke to Gogo?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-18-2012, 03:39 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: I don't want the mimic ability xD Just pick attacks that others can use. HOPEFULLY including Shock...

Finger It doesn'T work that way...Shock isn't learned by any permenant character... You need to give shock to a permenant member (Actor 0 to 0D) and that character need to have been recruited or even needs to be available, I never tested that really but I'm going to try to switch gogo's menu to someone else to see what happens...
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
ok xD. That sounds easy enough. Here's a question, Umaro does his own thing and doesn't really have any commands. If I give him Shock, will Locke be able to equip it later? Also, I'm having a few issues with the editor. I found a guide on here, but I'm not finding any of the values it says... Can someone point me to a good guide/tutorial?

EDIT: So EVERY time I see something for Gogo, change it to Locke?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-18-2012, 04:01 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: ok xD. That sounds easy enough. Here's a question, Umaro does his own thing and doesn't really have any commands. If I give him Shock, will Locke be able to equip it later?

Once you recruit Umaro, I think it would work, unless shock is for some reason not in the possible ability list. Try it!

(02-18-2012, 04:01 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: Also, I'm having a few issues with the editor. I found a guide on here, but I'm not finding any of the values it says... Can someone point me to a good guide/tutorial?

You have the good info...Your ROM probably has an header. You need to add 200 bytes to the actual offset to get to the right value.

(02-18-2012, 04:01 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: EDIT: So EVERY time I see something for Gogo, change it to Locke?

No. There are other thing that would limit locke like not using/equipping espers I think. There are 3 values to change: C3/225F, C3/1C68 and C3/50AB

That takes care of everything but with that Gogo become useless...

I tested it and it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkbDuClvV...e=youtu.be

It was easier than I tought. So do you want a patch or do you think you can do it?

[Image: farispiano.gif]
  Find

Status
None
Thank you so much! I know about the video xD. I actually watched it JUST before you posted it! Question... if I aply the patch, will I lose everything else I've edited?

EDIT: Bcuz I don't want to sound stupid... but even after what you said about adding 200 on the values in the Hex, I'm still at a complete loss...

EDIT2: I don't mind if Gogo Is useless xD I don't use him anyway

EDIT3: Sorry about attachment
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-18-2012, 04:59 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: Thank you so much! I know about the video xD. I actually watched it JUST before you posted it! Question... if I aply the patch, will I lose everything else I've edited?

No. It will only change those three 0C to 01.

(02-18-2012, 04:59 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: EDIT: Bcuz I don't want to sound stupid... but even after what you said about adding 200 on the values in the Hex, I'm still at a complete loss...

I was too at the beginning like you and I'm still lost today too compare to others. Keep reading about modifying FFVI and eventually you will understand. As for hex editor, there are some tutorials on the net and even this guy explain how tyo use WindHex in his first video:event tutorials thread. I started with those videos.

(02-18-2012, 04:59 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: EDIT2: I don't mind if Gogo Is useless xD I don't use him anyway

Gogo is probably my favourite character with Gau. They are both very useful in a LLG.

Oh and please don't put attachments in your post. It is not tolerated on the forum and I won'T open it. Upload you photo on photobucket or something like that. Remove it and repost your pic using the insert image button and a URL. Thanks.

I will put the download link of the patch very soon in this post .

Here's the patch: Make sure your ROM has a header, and you have one if almost all the first 200 bytes are set at 00 in a hex editor. Just open the editor and you will see. I also used version 1.0 of the game but that shouldn'T make a difference.

Useless Gogo
  Find

Status
None
I'm sorry for the attachment... Uhm, for future reference, why is the option there if it's not allowed o.o? Also, if my character is able to equip all weapons and such, can he use swdtech and blitz? What about equiping espers to learn new magic? Or does he just learn Terra's/Celes's magic?

Also, as far as downloads go... I can't download from alot of places bcuz I am using apartments internet. So no mediafire, rapidshare, megauplaod, etc. Only thing I know I can use is site direct downloads like the attachment I had up, and dropbox...
(02-18-2012, 05:32 AM)Madsiur Wrote: Useless Gogo

Again I appreciate the download but as my post states, I can't use mediafire xD.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-18-2012, 05:38 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: Uhm, for future reference, why is the option there if it's not allowed o.o?

I've been asking myself the same question since I post here...

(02-18-2012, 05:38 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: Also, if my character is able to equip all weapons and such, can he use swdtech and blitz? What about equiping espers to learn new magic? Or does he just learn Terra's/Celes's magic?

Yeah. There is no problem there. Unlike Gogo, your Locke will be able to equip espers and learn magic, he will even have all the magic available from the 3 other party members.

(02-18-2012, 05:38 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: Also, as far as downloads go... I can't download from alot of places bcuz I am using apartments internet. So no mediafire, rapidshare, megauplaod, etc. Only thing I know I can use is site direct downloads like the attachment I had up, and dropbox...

Look the patch is 1 ko...worst cast scenario you have everything to attempt it yourself.

Find

Status
None
When I say no mediafire and such, I mean that it's blocked xD. Would you maybe mind emailing it to me? At im_so_blonde_16@yahoo.com?
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(02-18-2012, 03:39 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: I don't want the mimic ability xD Just pick attacks that others can use. HOPEFULLY including Shock...

You can't have shock, Leo never joins the party permanently like other PC's do. You can use usME to give it to someone, though.

Status
None
Thank you so much Madsiur and Angelo26! I was able to finally get it to work properly! And in giving Gogo and Umaro Extra abilities I was able to learn those as well when they were recruited! Thank you guys so much!
  Find