Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI SDK

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I've been waiting for this tol for about more than a year now and it seems it should be finished by 2013. Some of you might already have heard about the FFVI SDK for RPG Maker XP...I thought at some point it was a dead project, but the guy is developing a huge editor that will have all the exiting feature of most of the editors regrouped together and more. He released recently a pre-alpha demo of the editor and from what I saw it will be massive.

The best thig about that is that you'll be able to edit the core components of the game with Ruby scripts and there will be no limitation of space or memory. Probably when this tool is going to come out, if everything is like what I imagine, the advantages of the SDK could surpass FF3us ROM hacking in terms of flexibility and capabilities I think. Here'S a few screenshots of the editor I took:

FFVI SDK 1
FFVI SDK 2
FFVI SDK 3
FFVI SDK (script editor)
FFVI SDK (main editor)

You can also visit the official thread: http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10208

I love hacking FFVI but with this tool you will be able to create FFVI sequels and prequels...
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
This looks very promising. I like the idea of not being limited to the confines of the SNES hardware. 16x9 support also makes me moist Smile

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
You know I had for so long believed this project to be completely and utterly dead (due to the fact that the website has not been updated for a year or so now) but I see now he has simply been using this place to show his updates and provide the downloadables...

I am very happy to see that he has not (and won't allow himself to) given up on the project.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
i just hope that this new editor will allow you to break that annoying 65535 cap on hps,xp,gp.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Well considering this is for RPG maker, that much is guaranteed
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Looks VERY promising. Too bad the promised date is 2013. I wanted to done with my Translation by then. :/

But then again, if I wait, I might be able to do some things with the text that weren't possible with other editors.

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]