Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
how to change the skill "possess"

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-22-2014, 07:23 PM)Nyquill MacQuaid Wrote: I think it would be a Fun Thing to have Phoenix Downs be Useless, and instead, upon Character Death, have them swap places with a Fight-less Ghost Character, and only a Successful "Possess" would revive the Character.

This would be possible I think. It's similar to morph, the only difference is that the character would be invincible. The other thing is to modify Possess in order to revive the character.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(03-22-2014, 08:52 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(03-22-2014, 07:23 PM)Nyquill MacQuaid Wrote: I think it would be a Fun Thing to have Phoenix Downs be Useless, and instead, upon Character Death, have them swap places with a Fight-less Ghost Character, and only a Successful "Possess" would revive the Character.

This would be possible I think. It's similar to morph, the only difference is that the character would be invincible. The other thing is to modify Possess in order to revive the character.

Damn it all, Madsiur... You just say it with such Nonchalance. It was just an Entertaining thought to me Before... But now? The dastard half of My Mind is run amok with the possibilities of abusing the Possession skill.

I will look into this, NOW. Geez. As if I wasn't already Drowning in my Own Ambitions as it was.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-22-2014, 09:38 PM)Nyquill MacQuaid Wrote: I will look into this, NOW. Geez. As if I wasn't already Drowning in my Own Ambitions as it was.

You can make a search for "morph" in bank C2 to check the relevant sprite change and ability switch (morph -> revert).

As for making your ghost invincible, I don't really have an idea, maybe look at what zombie status does partially?
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
All this being said, can I change Possess in all together to something similer to Cecil's Dark Wave?

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(03-24-2014, 06:33 PM)Royaken Wrote: All this being said, can I change Possess in all together to something similer to Cecil's Dark Wave?

Did you want to Stay True to the Ability's Animation (with the little overlapping blue crescents), or just turn it into an Actor HP Draining, Multi-target Attack?

Obviously Difficulties of the Animation aside, it shouldn't be Impossible to point Possess to something similar to "Exploder", which sacrifices ALL HP to Damage the Enemy. Or maybe even a modified "Soul Spiral" code?

Exploder effect from 3DCD

C2/3C4C: A3 05 LDA $05,S
C2/3C4E: AA TAX (X = attacker)
C2/3C4F: 86 EE STX $EE
C2/3C51: C4 EE CPY $EE (is this target the attacker?)
C2/3C53: D0 05 BNE $3C5A (branch if not)
C2/3C55: BD 18 30 LDA $3018,X
C2/3C58: 14 A4 TRB $A4 (if so, clear it from hit targets. seemingly undoing
the addition to targets by the earlier special effect
function. but the problem is, C2/3467 sets the bit
in $A4 again shortly after this function returns.)
C2/3C5A: 60 RTS

Hmmm... Maybe a Modified Exploder ISN'T the Best Solution.

Oh, and by the way, Royaken? Nice Job with your SPC Endeavors.

You're coming along Nicely. I'll admit that I am Jealous. I don't seem to have the Flair (or patience?) to really Hammer those things out. Fruity Loops spoiled me with a GUI. I should've Started with Hex Composing.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
(03-24-2014, 06:33 PM)Royaken Wrote: All this being said, can I change Possess in all together to something similer to Cecil's Dark Wave?

Quite easily. Just create a spell that mimics Dark Wave (you'd probably have to create a new special effect for the self-damaging aspect) and point Possess at that spell ID.

Shock does the same thing, pointing to a spell called MegaHit I believe.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Would it be Possible to Have the Command "Revert" Cast a Spell Before Reverting to the Character's Normal State?

Shine 
  Find