Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Secret of Evermore EasyType released

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Ask and ye shall receive! Took me about 2hrs to mod and test. There are only 3 minor issues but otherwise its perfected.

http://www.jce3000gt.com/soeet.php

This about sums it up. LOL
[Image: soe_et_18.png]

-Issue #1: Sometimes when receiving a rare/event item your game freezes when using SNES9x. ZSNES does not have this issue and BSNES likely doesn't either.
-Issue #2: Occasionally when loading a saved state in SNES9x and doing an event will cause the game to freeze for no logical reason. ZSNES does not have this issue and BSNES likely doesn't either.
-Issue #3: When you gain your 2nd level to level 3 your "for level up" experience number will be in a long data format. In other words it will show a number over 4,000,000 which covers up the text. This is because the game doesn't allow you to gain more than 1 level at a time and the assembly routine cannot parse the correct number.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JCE3000GT for this post:
  • Angelo26 (01-18-2012)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Well that was pretty fast and certainly look interesting. It's impressive how fast you hack some data of the game...

Did you used the ROM map available on data crystal or do you have dissasemblies of the game we don't know about to create your mod?

(01-17-2012, 11:25 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: -Issue #3: When you gain your 2nd level to level 3 your "for level up" experience number will be in a long data format. In other words it will show a number over 4,000,000 which covers up the text. This is because the game doesn't allow you to gain more than 1 level at a time and the assembly routine cannot parse the correct number.

That could probably be fixed but you would need to know where the routine is...

Find

Status
Regen
Funnily enough I hunt for data myself before checking for a ROM map. I forget datacrystal exists sometimes. LOL

I don't have the patience to find that EXP text display routine. Smile

While the site was down I finished reengineering my FF2us EasyType and I finished Super Mario RPG EasyType as well.

Romancing SaGa 3 might be next...

I've got about 10 or so easy mods left before I take a break.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Weird how that Zsnes, being the horribly inaccurate and ancient emulator that it is, the game doesn't lock up when loading a save state.
  Find

Status
Regen
Tell me about it, I hate ZNSES. lol
Thanks to assassin I've fixed almost all of the experience level bugs from each of the language versions. The UK (E) is the lone wolf that isn't fixed. Still working on that one.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I could start a rant on why I hate Zsnes (along with plenty of evidence to back up my claims), but I won't. But anyway, Secret of Evermore is a cool game, that's unfortunately underrated (especially Jeremy Soule's music).
  Find