Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Interesting speedruns

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Some of you might already know about that, but there's a video of someone finishing Chrono Trigger in 25 min (without using New Game+).
He use a item duplication trick that I didn't knew about and exploit heavily bugs and other programming errors.

Chrono Trigger speedrun

There's also a speedrun of FFVI. It's 4 hours long and the guy manipulate the slots (to get joker's doom), trigger desperation attacks on a couple of bosses and manipulate the RNG I think to escape and to get pre-emptive battles. Other tricks are used too. Interesting stuff...

FFVI speedrun
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I must be weird because I find "speedruns" like these to be pointless and mind-numbing. I'd rather do a quick run-through of the game without using emulators, pro action replay/game genie codes and excessively abuse exploits.

Show me those speedruns done on actual game hardware without modification and bug/glitch exploiting. Smile

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-12-2012, 03:11 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I must be weird because I find "speedruns" like these to be pointless and mind-numbing. I'd rather do a quick run-through of the game without using emulators, pro action replay/game genie codes and excessively abuse exploits.

I'm not into speedruns either, I especially like taking my time when I play an RPG but I found interesting that the CT speedrun show how some aspects of the game are glitched. As for the FFVI one, I do respect how the guy manipulate the luck in a way.

(01-12-2012, 03:11 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Show me those speedruns done on actual game hardware without modification and bug/glitch exploiting. Smile

It would take a lot more than 25 min to finish CT and you could probably double the time for FFVI speedrun I think.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I will have to ask my bro how fast we went through some of these RPGs back in the old days. He has a better memory than I do.

I seem to recall a 5-hour FF2us playthrough. Wish I still had my old cart...

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-12-2012, 08:20 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I seem to recall a 5-hour FF2us playthrough. Wish I still had my old cart...

That's really good. The one for FFIV on the site I got the other speedruns is around 4 hours I think. But you know, those guys skip almost every chests and doesn't buy items to save time among other time saving tricks. And there's also the cheap battle trick that we talked about...
  Find