Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lord J's FF6LE 'Rouge Version'

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(01-08-2012, 05:08 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(01-08-2012, 11:21 AM)Angelo26 Wrote: My patch uses F0 to expand all names...I will have to relocate everything -again-....*sigh*

FF3usME uses $F0 for the town dialog patch which expands the available dialogs space up to 65656 bytes. It's the only of the three patch that can be apply with FF3usME that doesn't have the option to select which bank to use...So yeah if someone don't apply this patch he could still use your patch but bigger dialog space is a big plus...

You're better relocalizing everything in $F2 or something. My monster graphics data relocalization patch is also non-compatible with FF6LE Rogue because it uses $F1 as well...

Where is the town dialogue patch? I don't seem to see it and I'm out of dialogue space.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
The town dialog patch is in usme, once you've chose to expand your ROM to 32mb it's in the 'Manage expanded ROM' section.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Sleep
Not meaning to necro but there are already a few threads about this program so I thought I would add some thoughts here. I think I have found an alternative the map replacement method using importing hex from a clean rom over the corrupted one to fix the Serpent Trench corruption issue. I worked up an IPS patch that will basically overwrite the corrupted map and allow you to start editing with FF3usME right after with no map corruption issues. If you do edit the map again and save you can always patch right after to fix any problems. I think some further testing is required though.

If this is something you guys are interested it I would be more then happy to submit the patch and/or write up real quick how I made it, it didn't take too long once the idea hit me.

Status
None
Was actually wondering if this program was ever fixed or still had that problem. To be honest, not even sure what it can do, haven't played with it because everything keeps pointing out that bug.

So yeah, a work-around would be nifty.

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 4
Status
Sleep
With some further testing it is working spotty at best. What I did was basically take a clean rom, added a header and the expanded it with FF3usME. After that I made a copy of it and then took one of them and opened it with FF6LE Rogue and saved to corrupt it. I then made a IPS patch using the corrupted one as the unmodified and the clean expanded as the modified one. What I thought would happen was that if I patched over a corrupted rom it would then revert the changes so that I could freely map edit and then fix when needed.

Well...it does and doesn't. It also overwrites any world map changes made which I don't understand because the only difference in the roms when I made the patch was in the corruption of the ST map. Although I am far from an expert of the rom inner workings, so I am thinking maybe the overworld and ST maps have some sort of connection? When combining FF3usME edits, Rogue edits, and repatching, it mostly works but I also deal with some irreversable WoB map corruption. All of this to me means its not a viable option unless I am doing it incorrectly which is totally possible.

In any case I may try to look further into it but for now i'll put it on the backburner.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
It's because (as far as I understand it) FF3usME will also rearrange where the overworld data is stored. See item number 4 here: http://mnrogar.slickproductions.org/phpB...t=40#p6644

I believe FF6LE was changed to do the same thing in the Rogue version to make it compatible with usME but I'm not positive on that.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
First of all, long time reader but first time posting...I thought I had an account here already but nope.
To the point: Lord J fixed the game breaking bug in FF3LE Rogue!

Since I just created the account, I'll not show the download link (Forum Rule #13) but you can find the link in the original post of this thread Wink
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I recently spoke with Lord J and he told me the same thing, we'll be putting the most recent version on the site (if its not up already)

but thanks for the added update anyway

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-29-2013, 12:49 AM)Poco d(-_-)b Loco Wrote: I recently spoke with Lord J and he told me the same thing, we'll be putting the most recent version on the site (if its not up already)

The newest version is already in the "Tools" section.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
thank you Madsiur

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC