Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Making more space for writing events

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Here's a small video tutorial I did about the event command B2 which if used properly allow you to write much bigger event without wondering about free space in banks CA, CB or CC.

I assume you know how to hex edit and and at leats be able to modify a bit an event to understand that command and the tutorial. You'll need an hex editor, maybe the event dump (found here), an event commands list found on the same webpage. You can expand your ROM using FF3usME.

2016 Edition!

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • silvermaine (02-23-2012)

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Nice Nice! I found out about this when creating custom events (you'll run out of space FAST - especially when paying attention to details). I call this the "boomerang" trick to explain what it does in a simple way - you send the "boomerang" to a specific location, it catches the code, reads it, and when it's done, it comes back to you.

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I am going to be using this over the next few days. I appreciate all you guys have done on this site. I'm an old man so learning this stuff is a challenge.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-23-2012, 06:07 PM)silvermaine Wrote: I am going to be using this over the next few days. I appreciate all you guys have done on this site. I'm an old man so learning this stuff is a challenge.

Well 5 month ago I didn't knew anything about hacking or what an hex editor was...I'm a bit old too but it'S so fun modifying FFVI that learning was fun too. I would really like the event you will be tweaking or creating once it's completed. You can always send me a message if you have problems.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
This video is just what I was looking for and now it's gone ;_;

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Madsiur made a new YouTube channel. You can find the reuploaded video here:
[obsolete link removed]

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-22-2015, 03:38 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Madsiur made a new YouTube channel. You can find the reuploaded video here

Yeah, sadly it might not be as clear as the first edition since while reuploading I lost the YT text annotations I've made. You can barely see what is happening in the hex editor.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
2016 Edition!

Find