Status
Regen
Estpolis Denki II - The Final Battle 8-bit Remix
Final Fantasy IV - Within the Giant 8-bit Remix
Final Fantasy V - Dragon Spreads its Wings 8-bit Remix
Final Fantasy VI - Decisive Battle 8-bit Remix
Final Fantasy VI - Searching for Friends 8-bit Remix
Radical Dreamers - Frozen Flame 8-bit Remix

I created all but 1 of these samples from scratch using Cool Edit Pro 2's noise and tone generator. Then once the base waveform was created I manipulated it using various filters and tools in Cool Edit to get the desired effect. I think I did an ok job, eh? I'm thinking about doing more of these and creating more custom samples from scratch.

Laugh

Thoughts?

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Very nice, I love 'em. I'm a big fan of Snes music, or any music for that matter done in 8-bit.
Just as long as it's done right of course, and these are.

-I don't think I've heard of the first one there, but it sounds pretty damn epic though that's for sure!

-Within the Giant sounds great, it fits NES sound perfect.

- Searching for Friends sounds sadder to me, more minor key sounding almost,
it's definitely softer, and a little flat. But it would still work out very nice in a NES FF. Wink
-Frozen Flame sounds almost as good as the Snes counterpart, it's scary. I really do love the song. (can't wait to have it in! lol)

Yeah, great job James. Please keep making more! ^_^

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
(11-15-2011, 06:46 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Very nice, I love 'em. I'm a big fan of Snes music, or any music for that matter done in 8-bit.
Just as long as it's done right of course, and these are.

-I don't think I've heard of the first one there, but it sounds pretty damn epic though that's for sure!

-Within the Giant sounds great, it fits NES sound perfect.

- Searching for Friends sounds sadder to me, more minor key sounding almost,
it's definitely softer, and a little flat. But it would still work out very nice in a NES FF. Wink
-Frozen Flame sounds almost as good as the Snes counterpart, it's scary. I really do love the song. (can't wait to have it in! lol)

Yeah, great job James. Please keep making more! ^_^

The Lufia 2 tune was fun to do and oddly sounds almost as good as the original SNES tune. If you haven't played Lufia 2 (or Lufia 1) you definitely should. It is one of the very best SNES RPGs for sure. I prefer them over Chrono Trigger, heh.

I thought Within the Giant turned out the best between these four. But I am a bit biased since that is my favorite video tune of all time forever.

Searching for Friends was done to be more soft and sad, nice ear picking that out!

Frozen Flame is nearly perfect except for the one sample that replaced the Pizzicato Strings... I am still trying to create a substitute.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
(11-15-2011, 07:11 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: The Lufia 2 tune was fun to do and oddly sounds almost as good as the original SNES tune. If you haven't played Lufia 2 (or Lufia 1) you definitely should. It is one of the very best SNES RPGs for sure. I prefer them over Chrono Trigger, heh.

I have only played Lufia 2, and shamefully, I never came anywhere close to beating it!
But now that I hear you actually liked it over Chrono Trigger, I will for sure pick it back up and finish them both like a man! XD

And I suppose that playing you're easy type of Lufia 1 is just the way to go for that one, as I would just be interested in the story and music at this point in my life. Wink

(11-15-2011, 07:11 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Searching for Friends was done to be more soft and sad, nice ear picking that out!

Haha, thanks! Yes, I do have an ear for music if I do say so myself.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
(11-15-2011, 07:22 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 07:11 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: The Lufia 2 tune was fun to do and oddly sounds almost as good as the original SNES tune. If you haven't played Lufia 2 (or Lufia 1) you definitely should. It is one of the very best SNES RPGs for sure. I prefer them over Chrono Trigger, heh.

I have only played Lufia 2, and shamefully, I never came anywhere close to beating it!
But now that I hear you actually liked it over Chrono Trigger, I will for sure pick it back up and finish them both like a man! XD

And I suppose that playing you're easy type of Lufia 1 is just the way to go for that one, as I would just be interested in the story and music at this point in my life. Wink

(11-15-2011, 07:11 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Searching for Friends was done to be more soft and sad, nice ear picking that out!

Haha, thanks! Yes, I do have an ear for music if I do say so myself.

Yes, play the ET of Lufia if you want to just enjoy the story, music and gameplay. Saves you literally 20+ hours of grinding. LOL

I'm uploading some more I've done. I will update the first post.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Very nice work JCE! Loving Lufia 2's theme.

BTW I made you a contributor to the site (hence your name in red), hopefully that keeps the banning bot at bay for a while.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
You have some talent for editing tune! Within giant is really good and it's also of my favourite FFIV song. I also like Frozen Flame but it's the first time I heard it. It's a sad song...

On a side note I was thinking incorporating some sad and epic trance melodies in my FFVI hack to replace maybe one or two of my least favourite song of the game.
I red the tutorial on music hacking on this site and it seem to be a complicated but feasable task. Would it be possible to incorporate some synth sound to the instrument sample bank of the game? I know FF3usME has that feature but is there any room for more instruments?
  Find