Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3SE-M

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
You're wrong, about Starlet, Edrin:
At 1:24 the sprite appears cut off because Kefka would never hug the group ;[ Laugh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
What screen resolution do you have? Looking at your video... maybe it's because is too low...

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
That's only a portion of my screen. My native resolution is 1920x1080. I'm pretty sure I'm good there.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-23-2014, 11:28 AM)Edrin Wrote: I did a little testing on this. I think theres a problem with SE recognizing the changes on load. When I made all of my changes the first time I edited the ROM, I could save to capacity with no ill-effects. I tested this by loading 128x128 sprites in the first(monster) sprite then last(esper) sprite, then the second and second to last, etc until all my space was gone. Saved, loaded the game and the sprites worked properly, tested by casting the edited espers. Made a video to show what I mean.

What I suspected first is that when saving, there was a maximum of "big" templates (128x128) and we couldn't had more than what SE has hardcoded. But as this video shows, it could be a similar problem when loading the ROM. I'll try to make my modifications in the code and compile SE instead of hex editing it. That way I'll be able to try more things until I find the solution.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
The only thing I would say against that theory is that The problem doesn't seem to be dependant on how many sprites I load. It cuts off espers mid-way through starting in the back. If it were a max number of "big" templates, then I should hypothetically be able to import all of the 128x128 sprites on the monster side and start seeing them disappear instead of the espers, but that wasn't my experience. Even unedited sprites disappear.

It looked to me almost like maybe it didn't know how to load data after a certain point in the ROM so SE loads blanks then correctly saved those blanks over the good data. Granted, I didn't do a lot of testing with inserting sprites near the end or middle of the monster list, I worked pretty much entirely at the beginning of monsters and end of espers.

Edit: We could also test it by loading a bunch of 64x64 sprites over the 32x32's.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Well I got a bad news and a good news. The bad news is that I was able to recompile FF3SE with Visual Studio 2010 but I get an error when I execute the new built. So at that point my project of fixing the loading bug Edrin ponted out in this video was lost. Also, I wanted to add expanded space management tab to relocate the graphics where you want in the ROM.

The good news is today I managed to fix the bug by hex editing FF3SE executable. I was able to insert 8 or 9 Atma Weapon sprite at the beginning/end of monsters/espers and they all showed correctly when I loaded the ROM for the second time, which was not the case in Edrin's video. At that point I had used ~20000 of the 62200 free bytes.

I updated the original post with a new zip file to download. I would like to thank Edrin for pointing me in the right direction. That been said, I might code a formation editor like FF3usME to be able to see the monster in the editor. Right now you can edit formation but FF3usME load garbage graphics which makes it a bit hard to see where are the monsters on the battle screen.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (02-28-2015)

Status
Atma
Great job! Wink i was reading this one right some day ago, and was wondering when it could have been fixed.

Now, if you manage to show formations too it would be perfect, i guess.

What really misses to us is a way to increase monster/esper number, at the moment(yeah, it's out of scope of this thread, anyway...)
Did you and Dn made any progress in understanding JAP rom of FF6?

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-28-2015, 04:06 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Now, if you manage to show formations too it would be perfect, i guess.

I need to code an editor from scratch since FF3usME source is not available.

(02-28-2015, 04:06 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Did you and Dn made any progress in understanding JAP rom of FF6?

I documented item expansion code and shared it with him but he ran into some RAM problem when adapting the changes to the US version.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
item expansion is a nightmare, to put it mildly. there is a lot of code in all three major code banks and the RAM used between the two versions seems just different enough to make straight conversion impossible. It's been sidelined for quite a while as a result.
  Find

Status
Atma
How 'bout expanding monster list? Easier or harder?

Find