Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3SE-M

Status
None
(10-08-2012, 10:53 AM)Edrin Wrote: Oh look... yic, disregard my post in the hacking discussion thread about this.

Yeah, I found this thread after making that post. Thanks for the reply though. =)

(10-08-2012, 11:22 AM)Madsiur Wrote: Someday I will recompile the editor to make this really work with 60000 bytes of free space.

That would be heavenly!!

I can work with 8000 extra bytes happily for now. But I kind of have an issue with the monsters not showing up during formation editing in FF3usME ... it gets a bit difficult arranging them sometimes. =\

(10-08-2012, 01:11 PM)Zeemis Wrote: Why are you using 1.1? lol

I originally got the 1.1 version without knowing there are 2 versions. And I already went ahead and modified a bunch of stuff in my rom ... mostly graphics and monsters ... feeling a bit lazy to do them all over again on a 1.0 version rom. =\

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-08-2012, 05:48 PM)yic17 Wrote: But I kind of have an issue with the monsters not showing up during formation editing in FF3usME ... it gets a bit difficult arranging them sometimes. =\

This is a downside of the patch. FF3usME uses harcoded values and is not made to handle such a modification. You can still edit the formations, but you have to deal with glitched graphics.

Find

Status
None
So what is the exact number of free space that I shouldn't go below? 60000?

Status
Tissue-aware
(10-09-2012, 04:44 AM)yic17 Wrote: So what is the exact number of free space that I shouldn't go below? 60000?

I don't know the exact number but below around 60 000, if you save with the editor, when you come back the monster will have dissapear partially or totally.
  Find

Status
None
I see. Thanks. =)

Status
None
Heeey ... just so you know ... I did a little testing with going over the 8,000 bytes limit you mentioned. But I found out ... there is NO LIMIT!!! O___O !!!

I added monster sprites all the way till I only have 48,000 bytes left, saved it, closed FF3SE, re-opened FF3SE, and all my added monster sprites were still there. None of them disappeared (fully or partially) ... I added more than 10 monster sprites that are all around the sizes of 96 or 128. So yeah ... I dunno why they disappeared for you, but it works perfectly on my end!!

One thing though ... even though I used till I only had 48,000 bytes left, when I re-opened the rom in FF3SE, the free space number goes back to around 58,000. BUT ... most important thing is that all the monster sprites I added till I had 48,000 bytes left were still there.

Anyways, thanks again for making this patch. I will report back if I encounter any issue. =)

Status
Tissue-aware
(10-10-2012, 06:09 PM)yic17 Wrote: Heeey ... just so you know ... I did a little testing with going over the 8,000 bytes limit you mentioned. But I found out ... there is NO LIMIT!!! O___O !!!

Well that's a good thing to know. I was able to modify the editor via hex editing and change the values of harcoded constants like the max space but now with my knowledge of C++ I could modify the source code directly and change more things in the code to make it work perfectly. I was kind of working in the dark the first time, but it seems the results are not that bad.

Find

Status
None
Hmm ... found an interesting discovery ... even though there doesn't seem to be the 8000 bytes limit no matter how many monster sprites I import ... but my crusader sprite does get cut off in half. I can still add new monster sprites, just have to sacrifice crusader for some reason .....

EDIT: Ah ... so it seems like there *is* a limit after all. It's just not my monster sprites that start to disappear but my espers.

Status
Tissue-aware
(10-11-2012, 03:36 AM)yic17 Wrote: EDIT: Ah ... so it seems like there *is* a limit after all. It's just not my monster sprites that start to disappear but my espers.

You were warned. =P
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I did a little testing on this. I think theres a problem with SE recognizing the changes on load. When I made all of my changes the first time I edited the ROM, I could save to capacity with no ill-effects. I tested this by loading 128x128 sprites in the first(monster) sprite then last(esper) sprite, then the second and second to last, etc until all my space was gone. Saved, loaded the game and the sprites worked properly, tested by casting the edited espers. Made a video to show what I mean.

On a different note. Does anyone know how to fix my windows? I have this problem with a lot of applications where I can't resize the window or scroll cutting me off from portions of the application interface.
  Find