Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Can Leo and Banon be recruited in the World of Ruin?

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Angelo26 for this post:
  • DjinnAndTonic (11-15-2011), Scorcher (07-07-2014)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I hope u can fix the glitches

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I wanted Leo to be a equipable temporary character in my hack in the WOB between the departure at Albrook and the events where he is killed. It seems to be a rather more complicated task than what I imagined...
  Find

Status
None
(11-09-2011, 05:20 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I wanted Leo to be a equipable temporary character in my hack in the WOB between the departure at Albrook and the events where he is killed. It seems to be a rather more complicated task than what I imagined...

For the FF6: Return of the Dark Sorcerer Hack, Leo will be playable after the banquet (when you get to Albrook), and all the way through the fire house in Thamasa. As of now, he leaves with shadow in search for the espers. However, it seems it might change now at any time.

However, he's not equippable at any time, nor can he equip espers (I think).

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-10-2011, 09:37 AM)Angelo26 Wrote: For the FF6: Return of the Dark Sorcerer Hack, Leo will be playable after the banquet (when you get to Albrook), and all the way through the fire house in Thamasa. As of now, he leaves with shadow in search for the espers. However, it seems it might change now at any time.

I think I might try to introduce a new character instead in the WOR using Leo's or one of the moogle's actor number. It would be a greater challenge but the result would be 10 times better than having a temporary character. If you manage to fix all the glitches it mean there would be room for one more playable character and maybe two if we count Banon, unless he HAS to take someone's place like Umaro. There will be a lot of code to change to make a fully playable, equipable, character that can learn magic.

But how the game mix Banon and Leo in the colosseum surpass my understanding of the code.

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
You -could- cut down on the glitches that would necessarily happen, like anything with a Riding sprite, by simply making Leo/Banon un-recruitable until -after- you've done all the sidequests (or at least Cyan's dream sequence, have the game check for a 'completed Cyan's dream' flag). Additionally, you could make an event that triggers at all Chocobo shopkeep's dialogue that checks for Banon/Leo and says something like "Oh no, It seems some members of your party are TERRIBLE at riding Chocobos, they'll have to go home." and then remove them from the party.

I suspect that any event that removes them from the party will result in having to do the Recruitment event again. Which probably means there's no way to take them to Kefka's Tower due to the split-party nature of it. It also means that there's an unlimited supply of whatever Equipment they come with.

And if you only have -one- of them join in the WoR, then you'll at least have that one able to equip things.
By the way, I suspect that Leo's Equipment list is the same list as the Merit Award's "Heavy Armor" list.
If you remove the Imp status effect from the game, you may be able to assign the Imp Equipment list to Banon/another character.

No clue what to do about the Colosseum.
To get rid of the Banon dies->game over thing, you could just remove the code entirely (though then it wouldn't happen at the Lete River either).

They won't learn Spells (there's just no room for a Spell list from what I can tell), BUT you may be able to tweak the code that gives Gogo the ability to use any party character's learned Spells when he equips the Magic skillset. The way the code is currently set up, Gogo's method of spell use is actually the DEFAULT, and then the game disables it for other PC ID#s. You may be able to expand the range of numbers that uses Gogo's method (this would mean giving Umaro and Gau the same feature, but you could just -not- give them the Magic skillset). I haven't looked at it extensively, but it could be interesting.

I wonder if Health/Shock work in Fanatic's Tower?

Status
None
(11-15-2011, 01:25 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: You -could- cut down on the glitches that would necessarily happen, like anything with a Riding sprite, by simply making Leo/Banon un-recruitable until -after- you've done all the sidequests (or at least Cyan's dream sequence, have the game check for a 'completed Cyan's dream' flag). Additionally, you could make an event that triggers at all Chocobo shopkeep's dialogue that checks for Banon/Leo and says something like "Oh no, It seems some members of your party are TERRIBLE at riding Chocobos, they'll have to go home." and then remove them from the party.

I did think about making them recruitable after cyan's dream sequence has happened, or maybe cyan's dream event can be heavily edited so that mtek armors aren't needed.

(11-15-2011, 01:25 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: I suspect that any event that removes them from the party will result in having to do the Recruitment event again. Which probably means there's no way to take them to Kefka's Tower due to the split-party nature of it. It also means that there's an unlimited supply of whatever Equipment they come with.

I made sure they'll appear in the recruiting screen once you exchange party members. The nice thing about the WOR's event coding is that most of it is done assuming generic characters, so little to none event hacking needs to be done. The pic down is when you try going to kefka's tower.

[Image: imgshk.png]

(11-15-2011, 01:25 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: And if you only have -one- of them join in the WoR, then you'll at least have that one able to equip things.
By the way, I suspect that Leo's Equipment list is the same list as the Merit Award's "Heavy Armor" list.
If you remove the Imp status effect from the game, you may be able to assign the Imp Equipment list to Banon/another character.

This is a great idea! However, it doesn't solve the problem of leo not being able to equip relics. What if there were some custom events that allowed their properties to be changed and they could have better upgraded equipment after?

(11-15-2011, 01:25 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: No clue what to do about the Colosseum.
To get rid of the Banon dies->game over thing, you could just remove the code entirely (though then it wouldn't happen at the Lete River either).
There's some code somewhere that removes the game over flag due to banon dying. Sounds like C2 is the bank for the code.

(11-15-2011, 01:25 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: They won't learn Spells (there's just no room for a Spell list from what I can tell), BUT you may be able to tweak the code that gives Gogo the ability to use any party character's learned Spells when he equips the Magic skillset. The way the code is currently set up, Gogo's method of spell use is actually the DEFAULT, and then the game disables it for other PC ID#s. You may be able to expand the range of numbers that uses Gogo's method (this would mean giving Umaro and Gau the same feature, but you could just -not- give them the Magic skillset). I haven't looked at it extensively, but it could be interesting.

I agree, there are many interesting ways.

(11-15-2011, 01:25 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: I wonder if Health/Shock work in Fanatic's Tower?

Just checked...Shock and Health aren't usable in the Fanatics tower...But health is the same as the cure2 spell, so why isn't it usable? I know Banon wasn't supposed to make it after the WOB, but it should've been included as a -usable- ability.

[Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png]

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
there's a flag on every item that lists it as "equipable with e the merit award", FF3usme calls it "Heavy Armor" i believe. if you to give Leo more equipment options, just add that tag to some relics.
Re: Kefka's Tower
I think that the Tower itself might work okay, but I'm concerned about entering the final battle with them, since there's only 12 slots? I'm not sure. I've never messed around with any code there. You should test it.

Re: Colosseum
My guess is that it's a menu problem. Whoever coded the Colosseum probably put it together quickly, and since Leo/Banon weren't supposed to be there for it, they didn't double check that the Menu IDs matched the PC IDs. I'll bet if you can find the Menu-building code for the Colosseum's "Select character" screen, you can just swap Banon and Leo's ID numbers to fix the issue.