Traitor
FFIV The After Years Tileset
author: Zeemis
released on 11/03/2011
version: 2.0
apply to a FF3us 1.0 headered ROM
Download
RHDN Entry

With months upon months of hacking, tweaking and even a small amount of spriting, Zeemis proudly presents the 'FFIV: The After Years' tileset for 'FFVI'. This tileset overwrites the existing tileset if you choose to apply the patch. I used Yousei's SNESPal and YY-CHR to make this happen. I even used FF6LE to fix tile collisions and any form of a tile anomaly so that if you're not a hacker, you can still experience this patch by playing through a normal play through. This is only for the World of Balance, it does not affect the World of Ruin at all.

[Image: scr.png]
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Zeemis for this post:
  • Angelo26 (11-03-2011), Gi Nattak (11-03-2011), marcioseufi (07-05-2019), pjmcphee87 (11-03-2011)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
This in incredible Zeemis. All that tedious work sure did pay off!
Great job, and thanks for sharing. =)

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Thanks Nattak. Smile
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
Great job Zeemis! i can only imagine the effort that went into this.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
It's really great!!! I wanted to edit the two overworld tilesets in my hack as well...but it's not a priority for now. I might incorporate your tileset in my hack...

I have a question: did you draw everything by hand in YY-CHR or were you able to copy/paste part of the tileset from a TAY bitmap or image?
So more generally is it possible to copy/paste from an external source in YY-CHR? I tried with a chrono trigger treasure chest (.bmp) from Gimp but it didn't work and I had to draw the opened and closed treasure chest manually. I want to do more tile editing but it's taking me a lot of tries before having something satisfaying.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
you did an amazing job on this

it looks really good

personally its a bit too bright for my taste but I cannot knock your hard work or results

kudos man keep it up Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I never know on which ROM to patch those. Headered or not? What is the good CRC32?
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
(11-04-2011, 06:11 AM)CurlyLover Wrote: I never know on which ROM to patch those. Headered or not? What is the good CRC32?

v1.0 with a header
CRC32: A27F1C7A

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
(11-04-2011, 02:35 AM)Madsiur Wrote: It's really great!!! I wanted to edit the two overworld tilesets in my hack as well...but it's not a priority for now. I might incorporate your tileset in my hack...

I have a question: did you draw everything by hand in YY-CHR or were you able to copy/paste part of the tileset from a TAY bitmap or image?
So more generally is it possible to copy/paste from an external source in YY-CHR? I tried with a chrono trigger treasure chest (.bmp) from Gimp but it didn't work and I had to draw the opened and closed treasure chest manually. I want to do more tile editing but it's taking me a lot of tries before having something satisfaying.

If you set your palettes up right using the right sequence of colors, it's very possible to copy and paste tiles in which is what I did for some of these. I did do some spriting myself, like the mountains I heavily edited because they weren't originally one mountain like this tileset depicts.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Well done, something I had been looking for for sometime. I knew something like it was possible but I did not know it could be done. I have to say that this a great accomplishment for the hacking of FFVI and it will definitely be something to play when I patch a rom of the game.
  Find