Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ROM version differences

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I didn't know where else to ask.

I have searched for differences between the 1.0 and the 1.1 rom, but am unable to get a definitive answer. It's been my understanding that 1.1 fixes bugs (how many and which ones are unknown) and I've been using that as a base for my hacks.

Then I get here, and everything seems to be geared toward 1.0, probably because all of the tools support 1.0... my question is why?

One of the main goals of my hacking is to squash as many bugs as possible, and one of the patches I use fixes many bugs, but also upgrades the version to 1.1, does this mean the tools will be incompatible or cause some glitches?

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I really did search Smile. I just feel like I need to get this out of the way before I do any more work.

Thanks,

McPhizzle

EDIT: of course after I make the post, I find a thread about this, not even buried :S

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Differences in versions are documented by imzogelmo here:

http://www.angelfire.com/al2/imzogelmo/Differences.txt

Status
None
(10-29-2011, 10:09 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Differences in versions are documented by imzogelmo here:

http://www.angelfire.com/al2/imzogelmo/Differences.txt

Great! Thanks for that! So is there a reason why the tools and most patches are geared toward the 1.0 version? Just curious.

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
yea most patches are for the 1.0 rom, personally there isnt much of a difference between the versions anyway so u r better off with the 1.0 version,

unfortunately we cannot "legally" tell you where to get a rom but hey you can shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send you 1 myself Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
(10-30-2011, 02:08 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: yea most patches are for the 1.0 rom, personally there isnt much of a difference between the versions anyway so u r better off with the 1.0 version,

unfortunately we cannot "legally" tell you where to get a rom but hey you can shoot me a pm with your email and I'll send you 1 myself Wink

Thanks for the offer, but I have both. I was just using 1.1 cause I thought it seemed logical lol.

Find

Status
None
ah ok ok

make sure to have a completely untouched copy of each rom (trust me it will save your LIFE!)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
(10-30-2011, 02:56 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: ah ok ok

make sure to have a completely untouched copy of each rom (trust me it will save your LIFE!)

Oh I get burned by that all the time. I tend to patch the rom, then forget that I patch it and then patch something else that's incompatible...

My biggest problem is figuring what can go together, in what order, and if the rom needs a header or not, which isn't always in the readme :/

Find

Status
None
yeah I know what u mean

but good luck 2 u man

-HNIC