Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Extracting text from Breath of Fire

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I hope you've realized that, just by changing your attitude, you've been able to put yourself on the right track to what you're seeking. Keep it up and show us pictures of the changed BOF text.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(10-22-2011, 05:00 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: I hope you've realized that, just by changing your attitude, you've been able to put yourself on the right track to what you're seeking. Keep it up and show us pictures of the changed BOF text.

I know. I'm scared of the sudden change, too (j/k Tongue). Joking aside, I'm glad that I'm more or less in the right direction and that I hope to produce some results within the next few days. Now, with the partial table I extracted, do I open the ROM in WindHex, expand it, load the table, then start adding the control codes....? Or did I word that incorrectly?

Now, to find out what pointer locations are and where to find them.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(10-22-2011, 05:58 PM)the_randomizer Wrote: Now, with the partial table I extracted, I open the ROM in WindHex, load the table, then start adding the control codes....?

Sounds about right :p

EDIT: after you create you .tbl file, open windhex, then file, open table file, table #1, look up your table, and press enter. That should load your table file and allow you to recognize some words from the text.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I understand how to properly open the ROM and table, but this happens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paISxC3MF1s

I'm not trying to pester anyone, it just seems that whenever I learn/discover something new, something always seems to screw it up (like a curse or something); it's kinda frustrating. I thought by opening the table, you'd be able to directly insert the codes.
FML. Just learned that Ryusui is working on retranslating the GBA version of Breath of Fire. Yeah, talk about making a mistake on my part. From here on out, I'm not sure what I want to do as far as basic ROM hacking goes.

http://www.dragon-tear.net/forum/showthr...ranslation

Yeah, feeling a bit chagrined right now....
  Find