Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Considering that Flaming on this site is a means to immediate banning; I would ask that you say your opinions of ZSNES without fear. This is a community built of mostly mature adults (the other part is mature adolescents and a few mature children) so feel free to say how you feel so long as you are not flaming someone else.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
It was an interesting discussion to say the least. What happened was, the creator of the thread stated that Crimson Echoes only worked on Zsnes, then I proceeded to counter that it worked on Snes9x as well; he tenaciously stated that what I said was false. Well, one thing lead to another, and it turned into a flame war and the thread was closed (supposedly due to fears of Square Enix sending a C&D, but I think that was just an excuse). While I didn't get banned, I felt pretty embarrassed about the whole thing, but all that's in the past.

My reasoning behind the refusal to use Zsnes is for only one (albeit trivial) reason, I personally don't like the way the SPC700/S-SMP is handled (i.e. Zsnes' sound accuracy versus Bsnes or Snes9x, both of which use Blaarg's S-SMP core), again, this is merely my personal opinion. If it doesn't bother other users, then I ought to respect that and leave it alone.

It doesn't matter who started it or ended the flame war; it wasn't pretty. So there you have it, my personal opinion on why I don't like Zsnes, but I respect what the authors did and their contribution too the Snes emulation scene back in 1998.

I just needed to vent a little. Tongue

Now, for a somewhat related topic, if I wanted to make a friendly comparison (and for awareness) video on Snes9x and Zsnes, what is the best way of going about doing that? I've tried various recording programs, used relevant video tags, but to no avail. I want to let those who watch to know that Snes emulation is still around. If I'm sounding to ambitious or weird, please let me know.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I personally never used bsnes or snes9x

but as far as videos go I use zsnes as well and the quality seems fine when I upload them to YT

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
I always thought the way to make videos from Zsnes was overly complicated, but then again, it's probably due to the fact that I never honestly tried, so I use Snes9x since you record/convert simultaneously. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion. Tongue
  Find

Status
None
haha I felt that way @ first

but when u get used to it and have everything in place, the only thing it really is is time consuming when it comes to uploading it on YT

other then that

I feel thats the best way to go

I think 1 of them doesnt provide sound if I remember correctly

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
By the way, I noticed a very odd sprite animation glitch with Glenn in both Snes9x 1.53 and Zsnes 1.51 (a weird, garbled/pixelated box) surrounding him. Anyone else notice it? And is there an easier way (besides manually changing each instrument with SPCEditor) to change all the songs back to normal? I really don't like the changed instruments.
  Find

Status
None
it could be an error on the creators

but I never touched CT so idk :p

-HNIC

Status
None
I have a final copy, readme included.
Like I wouldn't get my hands on something so awesome!
Just gotta ask. Wink

Status
None
Uh....I'm confused..
  Find

Status
None
he got the most recent version of the CT hack Wink

-HNIC