None
Well, that sounds interesting.

What did you find at 00BD75C?

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(09-15-2011, 07:49 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Well, that sounds interesting.

What did you find at 00BD75C?

I believe that's where the games' instruments begin (or so I've been told from the Japanese dude from youtube), but could this be where the NPC plotscript triggers the battle music change. I really despise the second battle theme; that's why I started this thread. But, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and apologize for wasting your time. I don't know if I have to hack any sequences or instruments, but a couple of lines that this NPC triggers in Tunlan (Tune Land), but seeing as I'm using the re-translated ROM (much better translation BTW), the offset location will be most likely a few bytes off. For all I know, I could be going off tangents here.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Upon looking at the ROM last night, I think the songs in the SNES version are located in a different address than the GBA version. The instruments are around the same place, I believe (90% sure).

I've been trying for a while to figure out where the event scripts are, and I haven't been able to so far. I can only trace when the events call a text box to display text.

Can you send me a save state of exactly the moment when the songs change?

Status
None
(09-16-2011, 08:45 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Upon looking at the ROM last night, I think the songs in the SNES version are located in a different address than the GBA version. The instruments are around the same place, I believe (90% sure).

I've been trying for a while to figure out where the event scripts are, and I haven't been able to so far. I can only trace when the events call a text box to display text.

Okay, now I think we're really close to getting this sucker tackled. Right now, I'm not quite at the part of the game (again, this is a ROM with the better translation http://watercrown.info/category/breath-of-fire-2/ ) but the offset shouldn't be that much of a difference compared to an non-hacked ROM. Will post back withing 24 hours and/or if I can find a save on Zophar.
  Find

Status
None
(09-17-2011, 01:44 AM)the_randomizer Wrote:
(09-16-2011, 08:45 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Upon looking at the ROM last night, I think the songs in the SNES version are located in a different address than the GBA version. The instruments are around the same place, I believe (90% sure).

Okay, now I think we're really close to getting this sucker tackled. Right now, I'm not quite at the part of the game (again, this is a ROM with the better translation http://watercrown.info/category/breath-of-fire-2/ ) but the offset shouldn't be that much of a difference compared to an non-hacked ROM. Will post back withing 24 hours and/or if I can find a save on Zophar.

It does not matter which version you're using (either the crappy translated or the nice retranslated), I will use the save state to open the debugger and try to see what triggers the song change (in hopes of finding the event scripts). This may (or may not) be an answer to your prayers Laugh

Status
None
Sounds like a plan to me, hopefully I can get there in a day or two. Oh, and I hope you don't mind that I'm using Snes9x 1.53 (I have my reasons for not using Zsnes). Perhaps I'll upload an SRAM save as well.
  Find

Status
None
FOUND IT!! Sorry for the double post, but I found the very moment, or at least created a save at the very plotscript/event script when the game changes the battle theme!

Here are the savestates for Breath of Fire 2!

Emulator used, Snes9x 1.53 (Windows 32-bit version)

Slots 000 to 005 - Before you speak to Yggdrasil
Slots 006 to 008 - Right as the even begins

Note: Do you have the re-translation ROM hack applied to the game? You'll probably need to change the name of the saves to correspond with the ROM name.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bkdcn4nblj9ggcj

http://watercrown.info/category/breath-of-fire-2/

(Edit: Crap, it seems the download link for the patch is down....this isn't good). How will we find out if the saves I give you aren't any good?

Find

Status
None
the .srm file is not working for me. Can you double check that it works? (Im using ZSNES)

Status
None
(09-18-2011, 12:01 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: the .srm file is not working for me. Can you double check that it works? (Im using ZSNES)

That's weird....Is it because I made it with Snes9x? oO
Will get back ASAP. You do have the retranslated ROM, right?

Edit 10:05 AM -
Crap on a cracker! It doesn't even get past the title screen on Zsnes! D'oh!

Snes9x tells me the checksum on the ROM is okay (white text), so this is weird. Did you try it on Snes9x? If you can't load the .Sram file, try loading the savestates with F1 to F9.

Edit 10:10 AM
Try this one instead, it's just north of Yggdrasil (when using Aspara to walk through the forest) http://www.mediafire.com/?t46r9i6sdaadxub
  Find

Status
None
Any updates?
  Find