Available versions:
Version 0.91 (10/05/2010)
Version 0.92 (10/22/2010)
Version 1.01 (02/09/2011)
Version 1.03 (06/02/2011)
Version 1.06 (05/23/2012)
Version 1.07 (02/15/2013)

[Image: impr1.png] [Image: impr2.png] [Image: impr3.png]

The game released on the SNES as Final Fantasy III, and now known commonly as Final Fantasy VI, is a stunning game with a great plot and innovative gameplay and scripting which pushed the series forward. Having said that, it in its original form is a steaming pile of rushed code and translation, which tarnishes its value.

Final Fantasy 6 Improvement is an attempt to present this game the way it should have been released. There are over 100 bugfixes implemented in this patch from the hacking community, as well as some tweaks to gameplay features that were better in theory than in implementation, or were introduced in later games and backported.

The title screen from the Japanese Final Fantasy VI SNES release has been included, the fixed-width and variable-width fonts have been replaced, and graphics censored during the translation have been restored. The dialogue has been (lightly) edited to lowercase character names, add NPC speaker names for clarification, and correct item text where the item received was different from the item described. The optional full-translation patch is a complete overhaul of the dialogue, drawing from the GBA FF6 release as well as the fan-driven Lina Darkstar translation of the original Japanese.

The mod includes 3 files: a base hack which has all of the bugfixes and tweaks minus some for compatibility issues for those wanting to use this as a starting point for their own hacks; the complete hack with all changes included, minus the translation; and the complete hack and translation combined. Be sure to read the included readme for details.

Several intended features are currently missing - as of 1.07, the timing for the Opera scene needs to be optimized both in the base mod and the translation mod.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
glad 2 see its showing some light over here

thanks for the post man Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I think you forgot to remove the paladin shield from mog at the beggining when terra falls and locke comes to rescue her.

Or was it supposed to be there for beta testers ?
  Find

Status
None
he has a paladin shield? really?

damn I did not know that

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 3
Status
None
No...that should be a Mythril Shield and a Mythril Lance he's equipped with. If you want a small boost at the beginning of the game, you can unequip Mog during the Moogle battle royale, but I think that was intentional.

:Edit:

Oh, I see. It's printing the line for dispelling the curse on the cursed shield in the first battle you fight with the Mog party. Not sure why it's doing that...I'll have to look into it.
  Find

Status
None
Darkmage, Can you tell me what's the custom windows color code you used for the ff6 improvement screenshots on your website? I really like it and I want to use it for my playthrough with your hack.
  Find

Status
None
It's not really custom code, as being able to change the window color. Smile

If you go into the Config menu and scroll down to the second screen, there is a Color option with two choices, Font and Window. If you select Window and then take the arrow all the way to the right, you can change the window color using the RGB scalers.
  Find

Status
None
(07-05-2011, 12:46 PM)darkmage Wrote: It's not really custom code, as being able to change the window color. Smile

If you go into the Config menu and scroll down to the second screen, there is a Color option with two choices, Font and Window. If you select Window and then take the arrow all the way to the right, you can change the window color using the RGB scalers.

ahh I meant the RGB numbers you chose for the 7 different textures if its not too much to ask.

Sorry for my bad english it's my secondary language. :p
  Find

Status
None
Thought I'd necro this post to let people know I've released v1.04 of the FF6 Improvment patch! This release also includes a beta patch of the retranslation part of the project. The translation patch includes all the changes in the complete patch, while the base patch will need the 6 patches overwritten by FF3usME 6.7 to be applied after any hacking is completed.

Regarding the translation, it's 99% complete, needing only the timed singing sequences of the Opera to be changed. This is a beta patch because I inserted the script using atlas, which breaks dialogue editing in FF3usME.

Get it here!
  Find

Status
None
awesome

I'm glad 2 see u are still around bro

-HNIC