PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(05-09-2012, 08:00 PM)darkmage Wrote: Regarding the translation, it's 99% complete, needing only the timed singing sequences of the Opera to be changed.

I should really get my ass in gear and do that; it seems that more than one project could benefit from it.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
(05-11-2012, 10:23 AM)DarkPhoenix Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 08:00 PM)darkmage Wrote: Regarding the translation, it's 99% complete, needing only the timed singing sequences of the Opera to be changed.

I should really get my ass in gear and do that; it seems that more than one project could benefit from it.
That would be great! I could do it myself, but after changing the whole script, i never want to look at it again lol.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
None

Well, I spoke too soon on it - turns out I used some old data AND FF3usME 6.7 on it, which garbles the Magitek menu and the Rare Item descriptions. So I'm in the process of recreating the improvement, and 1.05 will be out pretty soon! ;[

As for the Opera, that's my next undertaking - I've got translation notes from FF6Advance and the Lina Darkstar project, and I know how to change the timing. But getting it right (and better than the original) will be more tedious than the rest of this project has been if I can't find something that will let me skip to the Opera scene after I make changes.

Speaking of - does anyone have anything of the sort, or know how to do that?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-13-2012, 12:34 AM)darkmage Wrote: As for the Opera, that's my next undertaking - I've got translation notes from FF6Advance and the Lina Darkstar project, and I know how to change the timing. But getting it right (and better than the original) will be more tedious than the rest of this project has been if I can't find something that will let me skip to the Opera scene after I make changes.

Well the lips movements are event editing, so you could use a savestate right before Draco start singing. You make your changes, reload the ROM and open the savestate. The changes you made should be there. That is too simple, there must be something I didn't understand right lol...

Find

Status
None
(05-13-2012, 12:34 AM)darkmage Wrote:

Well, I spoke too soon on it - turns out I used some old data AND FF3usME 6.7 on it, which garbles the Magitek menu and the Rare Item descriptions. So I'm in the process of recreating the improvement, and 1.05 will be out pretty soon! ;[

As for the Opera, that's my next undertaking - I've got translation notes from FF6Advance and the Lina Darkstar project, and I know how to change the timing. But getting it right (and better than the original) will be more tedious than the rest of this project has been if I can't find something that will let me skip to the Opera scene after I make changes.

You don't need to worry about translation notes; unlike the rest of FF6, the Opera actually has an official English translation, which Nobuo Uematsu performs when he's playing in English speaking countries. It's on a number of the vocal Final Fantasy compilations, most notably the More Friends From Final Fantasy album recorded in Los Angeles in 2005. Someone actually wrote the lyrics down here: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Opera...Friends.29 .
  Find

Status
None
I have the GBA version of the words, which look like they match up to the live version almost word-for-word (they probably used it for Advance). That's not the issue.

The problem is getting the timing operations to match the words to the melody - I don't just want to translate it, I want to synch it up. The Ted Woolsey SNES version didn't go a good job on that, but I don't think I could have done any better if I'd only had a month to translate this whole damn game.
  Find

Status
None
(05-18-2012, 07:13 PM)darkmage Wrote: I have the GBA version of the words, which look like they match up to the live version almost word-for-word (they probably used it for Advance). That's not the issue.

The problem is getting the timing operations to match the words to the melody - I don't just want to translate it, I want to synch it up. The Ted Woolsey SNES version didn't go a good job on that, but I don't think I could have done any better if I'd only had a month to translate this whole damn game.

First, it's not EXACTLY the same; Maria's part is identical between the two versions, but Draco and Ralse have different lines.

Second, I know. That's why I said I would do it; more work is required to do the Opera than the rest of the game, because the lines have to be synced to the music.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
@darkmage

Has the short command window bug been resolved in this latest version?

- If so, what did you do to fix it?
- If not, let's try to fix that up.

I do remember it was one of Leno's patches that was causing it in your patch.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hey guys I posted this in the thread on SlickProductions but I figured I'd feel more comfortable a little closer to home, so here's the issue I posted:

Hey I'm not sure if this is a bug no one noticed or if it's something I caused. I am using this patch along with a few things I have always done with any of my hacks in the past and never had issues. I will list them bellow and everything I did in order.

-Applied "Base" patch from here
-Applied "Translation" patch from here
-Imported My enemy sprite changes and character sprite changes (free space added do to less space used on mosnters)
-Changed some moulds to make sure the enemies displayed properly
-Moved Ai Scripts to bank FF
-Changed "Mug" command to use attack animation and not display "could not steal"
-Locke can use other characters skills instead of Gogo
-Changed 2 item fuctions. Coin toss into Lion armlet (changes "runic" into "shock") and Theif Glove into Kai armlet (ultimate acc for Locke and I moved it to Locked Narshe weapon shop)
-Added Music Hacks (I made these and know their space so they're fine)

And the above is roughly it. I applied no other patches and editted nothing else. Now here's what happens

At the start of the game, when in the narshe mines before fighting Whelk, the guard comes out to say something and doesn't. Everything is still animated (fire on the walls) but I can't do anything. Over the course of 20minutes, the dialogue box slowly pulls up, fills in with "e...e...e...e...e...e...e" and then after it does I click A and it opens a new dialogue box with nothing and never goes away.

Then I decided to see if my svaes were having issues. Opening any un-opened chests with my other saves causes the game to freeze and no item to display.

Did I do this? If so what could it have been, and what order should I do things? Thanx ahead of time for your help!

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find