Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 with FF5 job system, NEED HELP

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
(06-23-2011, 07:39 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: It's okay, I'm not angry, I'm just trying to direct you towards something that you could -actually- do instead of wasting time hoping for some magical rebuild of FF6 with room for 300+ sprites.

If there were some form of a magical build of FF6 that allowed 300+ sprites, I think I'd cream myself. I'd add so many new spell animations, monster sprites, weapon animations, etc... It'd be a dream come true for any graphical rom hacker. :3
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(06-24-2011, 03:19 AM)Zεεຕใร Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 07:39 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: It's okay, I'm not angry, I'm just trying to direct you towards something that you could -actually- do instead of wasting time hoping for some magical rebuild of FF6 with room for 300+ sprites.

If there were some form of a magical build of FF6 that allowed 300+ sprites, I think I'd cream myself. I'd add so many new spell animations, monster sprites, weapon animations, etc... It'd be a dream come true for any graphical rom hacker. :3

*raises eyebrow* ...what did I -just- say? ^_~

Status
None

What kind of cream? Chocolate?! O_O!

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
(06-24-2011, 12:17 PM)Archaic Wrote:

What kind of cream? Chocolate?! O_O!

Choclate? Ah ... yes ... chocolate cream.
  Find

Status
None
I LOVE chocolate..!! ;[

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
LMAO i thought id find something useful on this thread... all i found out is that some people like chocolate cream and that some people cream themselves...
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
(06-22-2011, 03:31 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: Well... there IS one possibility I can think of that's similar to his idea.

In FF6, the default 'Status' screen allows the player to change a PC's skill list, just like Gogo's. However, there's actually a subroutine that runs to prevent every PC -except- Gogo from being able to do this.

If you remove this subroutine, then EVERYONE can mix and match their skillsets anytime they can access the menu.

This is sort of like giving -everyone- access to a job system. Of course, if you were to do this, you would need to rebalance everything to account for the fact that now -anyone- can use, say, Steal/Slot/Control in the earlygame, and that you still need Cyan/Strago/Mog/Sabin/Gau to learn SwdTechs/Lores/Dances/Blitzes/Rages. Notably, Morph is still unique? And I'm not sure if Shock/Health/Posess/Jump/X-magic can be added to the available commands.

It's actually kind of a neat idea. Though obviously you wouldn't be able to change any character's sprites based on their jobs. You might even be able to set up an NPC on the Airships to control the "Status" menu that allows Skillset swapping to make it more balanced.

I apologize for the necro-post, but I do have one bit of info to add to this notion of allowing all characters to mod their command list. What I have found is that the game adds the commands of your party members to this list whenever they join. This means that if you hack Locke to have Fight, Steal, Mug & Item those are the commands that are added. So as long as a character starts with a command it WILL be added to the list. I ran into one glitch though, You can add more commands than there is space in the menu. Also, I don't know if you loose commands if party members leave, but I doubt it.

Now to expand on this idea a bit, what one could do is make an ASM hack that hijacks the routine that adds commands to the status menu and force it to add certain commands based on certain conditions. For example; have it check for some of the unused RARE items and add a specific command if it has been acquired. Then just add the item to a suitable treasure chest somewhere and you now have a viable "job" system with control over when the player can have access to spacific commands.

Also, IIRC someone was working a hack to give more actors their own spell learning tables. Something similar could probably be used for Lores, Blitzes & SwordTechs.

I hope this gives someone some ideas as this would be a really kick-ass patch for FF6.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Status
Obliviscence
When I get a chance to finish fixing the magic list patch, I am thinking of rewriting the learned magic system from scratch. I want to make each learned magic just a bit, on or off, like lore blitz and swdtech. Using the same space the magic lists currently use up I could make 81 bit-based magic lists... I could probably take some of those bytes and use them for additional ability lists as well. It would take a major overhaul, but I think its doable. The only downside is I haven't come up with a way to keep percentage-based learning... but if we turned magicite into job crystals, and learned magic through level up or purchasing... it would work out just fine.
  Find

Status
None
*A bit of a necro-post, but...*

@Edrin: That would be fantastic. The idea of turning magicite into Job Crystals is intriguing.

Now if this were to get done would they have to teach commands too?
There would be a need to have lists of which commands a character has learned and these lists could then be linked to the commands that appear in each character's status screen.

Would the jobs have a default command?
Then the status screen code would have to be modified to force one of the commands and lock it out from being changed.

What about support abilities? Could those be integrated as well?
There would have to be a place to equip support abilities and the most likely candidate is the Relic screen. However this would could potentially obsolete the relic items. I doubt you could have every single relic effect become a support ability especially considering there is a limit to how many skills a magicite can currently have. Plus if some relics are kept then they would have to be equipable on the equipment screen requiring a rewrite of it's code as well.

So this whole thing could get a bit complicated, but it's doable with the right knowledge, it could open the door for some very interesting hacks of FF6, and it would just be epic.
  Find

Status
None
I've been making some mock-ups in GM Studio. Just to give a little fuel to the imagination.

[Image: 01-MainMenuMoch-up_zps5caaa1ee.png]

[Image: 02-JobMenuMoch-up_zps16766db9.png]

[Image: 03-AbilityMenuMoch-up_zps53df2a44.png]
  Find