Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Shorter Rage List? (Battle)

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Moog
I was figuring something like "I fight like monsters, how should I fight?" with options like "Aggressive, Support, Defensive" or perhaps calling to FFXIII "Ravager, Saboteur, Sentinel, Commando, Synergist, Medic", each with perhaps 12 Rages.

Having Gau change them on the airship lets the player make sure the option they've selected has the Rages they want (or has more than one rage, if they've spent little time filling them in), and it lets us control the rage list with an event bit... a task I have achieved fairly easily with regards to the Shop menu.

Alternatively, my thought was that the ReEquip routine triggered by the Relic menu could be extended to change the rage list by again setting event bits... though that approach changes the list if ANYONE equips the relic, not just Gau (a half-problem; the relic could be set to Gau only or could specify that it affects rages).

I'm toying with delving into this to set up a Recall style menu for Tellah or a similar character, wherein the player could select a spell and hope it casts (Rage with dummy spell and desired spell) and change which spells are listed with a relic or event. I'll play with it some more when I get around to battle hacking again, and let you know if I come up with anything cool.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Shorter Rage List? (Battle) - by C-Dude - 02-17-2020, 06:10 AM
RE: Shorter Rage List? (Battle) - by Catone - 02-17-2020, 05:44 PM
RE: Shorter Rage List? (Battle) - by C-Dude - 02-17-2020, 08:19 PM
RE: Shorter Rage List? (Battle) - by Catone - 02-18-2020, 10:45 AM
RE: Shorter Rage List? (Battle) - by C-Dude - 02-18-2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Shorter Rage List? (Battle) - by Catone - 02-20-2020, 07:45 PM
RE: Shorter Rage List? (Battle) - by C-Dude - 02-20-2020, 08:18 PM
RE: Shorter Rage List? (Battle) - by GrayShadows - 02-21-2020, 07:44 PM