The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Planing a return

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Yeah, I've been thinking of coming back and finishing my old work. I'll have to relearn everything then learn to read my notes again, but the last thing I was working on actually had some level of promise to turn I to a proper full game mod, which I'll discuss next. If I manage a return to nodding it won't be immediate and probably won't show any proper results for even longer but as with most massive mods, eventually on both. Gotta get several things straightened out first in order to dedicate enough time to half know what I'm doing again.

Now, the mod I'm thinking of (I may have mentioned all of this once upon a time) is not really a "new" game or story, but a massive expansion of what is FF6. More detail, more side quest, more pixels, more things that kill you, more headaches, more everything. 

The last thing I was working on was rewriting the event code. ALL the event code. I completed the absolute nessisery code and sprite sheets needed for event code fluffing and had started going through the first visit to Narsh making the magitech fodder know as Narsh Guards more animated using their expanded sprite sheets to better display their emotional distress and general soiling of underpants they are experiencing just before receiving a magitech missle suppository then being burned alive. Now that I think about it, need to edit in the line "should have work the Brown pants today" and possibly get an artist to make a special pose for the guards to really express how bad their situation is. 

But yes, that is the goal, well at least that is the FF6 I would like to play. I've really had the urge to play it through lately and I want to play it like that anyway. Other than a handful of text changes and an expanded use of the full sprite sheets, I want the core game to truly be FF6, just with extra hot fudge and a cherry or 6 on top. Probably rewrite and update my first little mod with recruiting staff and such for the airship (update as in code it properly rather than the jumble of work arounds and amature coding the original was.) Also need to finish that Narsh battlefield expansion I started on too after I reread that old post and remember what the plan was. (Yes, I'm long winded with this stuff not only for conversation but so I can read and remember what I was doing much later.)

So I'd like to hear some ideas for expansion like that, I'll probably stick to the plan of rewriting the entire event code but some notes and ideas on major events that would be vastly improved by using expanded NPC sprite sheets as well as having virtually unlimited space for more code. (I seem to remember expanding the ROM size well beyond normal FF6 standards.) Also need ideas and script writing for completely new (and possible) side quest. 

Also maybe talking and creating hype will make me hurry up and get back into it faster.

Thanks for reading my rambling, have nice day.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Catone for this post:
  • Data (09-07-2019), Turbotastic (08-16-2019), Warrax (08-13-2019)

Messages In This Thread
Planing a return - by Catone - 08-13-2019, 11:10 AM
RE: Planing a return - by PowerPanda - 08-13-2019, 03:56 PM
RE: Planing a return - by C-Dude - 08-13-2019, 05:51 PM
RE: Planing a return - by Catone - 08-14-2019, 09:57 PM
RE: Planing a return - by Imzogelmo - 08-27-2019, 11:19 AM
RE: Planing a return - by C-Dude - 08-28-2019, 04:10 PM
RE: Planing a return - by PowerPanda - 08-29-2019, 10:20 AM
RE: Planing a return - by C-Dude - 08-29-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: Planing a return - by PowerPanda - 08-30-2019, 11:06 AM
RE: Planing a return - by Catone - 09-01-2019, 08:49 PM
RE: Planing a return - by C-Dude - 09-02-2019, 12:59 AM