Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Can monsters be made to display their status?

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
Thank you all for your advice. I've looked into it a little bit, and my rough estimate is that I'd first need to procure about 280 bytes of continuous space in the RAM to replicate player status storage for the six monster slots. If I can't find that much space, then the feature really is impossible for FF6.

I can't believe Scan doesn't list the statuses... I must have been thinking of FFX. However... setting up new strings is rather complex from my position, whereas making a tweaked copy of an existing display is more down my alley. I was able to extend GrayShadow's Relm learning patch (Natural Abilities) to six casters without really understanding the register or carries, simply by replicating code that already works and repointing it. I'd be doing the same thing here with statuses.

From my cursory examination of C1 (well, the part relevant to head graphics for statuses), it seems the function builds a heirarchy of statuses through various 'and' commands, then displays the highest-priority head graphic over the actor. It's set up to do this for Actor 1, and then when the subroutine is called for other actors it applies a RAM shift.

Anyway, it's a big rabbit hole to explore, and I'd rather not banish my mod to vaporware while I delve into it. I'll revisit the idea as an addon patch after I've contributed something substantial to this community, since I've gotten a lot from this place and have as-of-yet failed to give a return on that loan.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can monsters be made to display their status? - by C-Dude - 04-12-2019, 07:08 PM