Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Can monsters be made to display their status?

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
I admit I haven't looked into this at all or even know how to begin but this sounds like this would be a very complicated reprogramming.

There are two main problems that I can see with the idea. The first is monster palettes have more colors than player palettes, and many of those statuses modify multiple, specifically designated player sprite colors. Trying to do that for monsters might not even be possible due to palette & capability limits.

The second is that unlike players, which have a very standardized appearance, monsters can look like anything, and their sizes vary. Which standard colors in a monster pallete would you swap for zombie? Where would you position the boxes for Sleep and Poison?

If there are no known VRAM issues you could probably create a simplified icon to display a status, but even that will be a nightmare to implement. But, again, I don't necessarily know what I'm taking about, so maybe someone more knowlegable can chime in.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can monsters be made to display their status? - by Turbotastic - 04-08-2019, 09:25 AM