Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dissidia Sedecim - A recreation of FF6's combat engine

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
New update! Final Fantasy I jobs

It's been a long time without any new interesting posts but here it is. The characters have the original FF1 MP system, spell names based on the original games, spell selection inspired (but not entirely identical) to the original game. In short, as close to the original as possible. SAVE FOR a few actions I've added.

Imagine you get the barebones Monk from FF1, and in your party you also got Yuna, Noctis, Cloud. The more modern FF characters have a ton of gameplay options and I felt if I stuck 100% true to the original FF1, the melee characters would feel unappealing to play. So I've selected a few actions that I thought could add a more interesting rhythm to the characters.

The actions selected are all situational and they get some extra mileage if the player knows how to use them. For an instance, Charge makes every injured ally attack together. But it also works on Berserked allies. Pray has a chance of doing some extra healing if the allies are in critical state. I'll also work on the cast time for each action to make them more strategic. I  feel Focus and Boost (both damage boosters) should have an instant cast time. 

Anyway, that's it for now. You can find more details on the project's youtube page and twitter
https://twitter.com/tiemff
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Lefe for this post:
  • C-Dude (02-26-2020), madsiur (02-25-2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dissidia Sedecim - A recreation of FF6's combat engine - by Lefe - 02-25-2020, 07:19 PM