Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dissidia Sedecim - A recreation of FF6's combat engine

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Loved your enthusiasm, coming up with the ideas for how to adapt the characters is one of the most fun parts in this project.

So for Cecil I was thinking of allowing the player to switch between Paladin and Dark Knight, I haven't decided if it should be doable mid battle (which strays from the original game) or only in the menus. Compared to other characters Cecil might end up underpowered or boring if he can't switch jobs. I want to use the augment system from FFIV remake, so each job has its own augment set up. If you can switch mid battle, going from Dark Knight to Paladin could completely change how you play the character because of the different augment set ups.

Switching mid battle would also be interesting because of his positioning. Back row, takes half damage so it's perfect for Cover, but if you want to switch to an offensive Dark Knight mode he'd be less powerful.

Another character that will definitely have mid-battle job switch is Yuna. I'm definitely not going for Tidus, and I'm not going for Rikku because there's already a thief in the game (Zidane, for sure). So Yuna wold get to mix up a bit of FFX and FFX-2 gameplay. She'd have the Summoner job, which would allow her to do those FFX-style summons but also other jobs like Gunner, Songstress, Lady Luck.

One way to emphasize the crossover aspect for Yuna's summons is to have Yuna and Squall share GFs/Aeons. The roster I've thought of: Eden, Cerberus, Diabolos, Anima, Valefor, Brothers, Yojimbo, Cactuar, Ixion, Ghost Train (instead of Doomtrain) and Tidus. Yeah, Tidus as a GF/Aeon, when Yuna summoned him instead of every other party member leaving it's just Yuna that switches places with Tidus, like how you could do it in FFX. If Squall summons Tidus he just shows up and attacks though.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dissidia Sedecim - A recreation of FF6's combat engine - by Lefe - 10-12-2019, 11:02 AM