The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dissidia Sedecim - A recreation of FF6's combat engine

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None

Download link 1 - Google Drive
Download link 2 - Dropbox
Tweeter 
Dissidia Sedecim is not a rom hack but I think you guys might be interested in it. I hope it's okay posting it here.

This is a recreation of FF6's combat engine on GameMaker. I tried to be as accurate as possible to FF6 and would like to know what you guys, who know so much about this game, think of it.

The characters I've programmed in this so far:
Terra, she's almost feature complete. There are a few spells left to add to her.
FF1 White Mage, also close to completion. I've programmed most spells. I still need to create potions for the Drink command and a few more spells.
Cloud.The materia system is functional, though I need to program more spells. Also requires more limit breaks.
Noctis, he was very complex to create. There are so many features to FFXV. I think I've covered most things, some techniques, animations and royal arms are left.

However, for this demo, all the characters feel complete based on the gear they got. I guess Terra should have a few more spells.

The goal is to add more main characters, more bosses, menus so players can customize the characters and eventually dungeons.

Right now, on the road map:
Terra -
Valor (from GBA version), Meltdown, Flare, Vanish, Berserk
Cloud -
Fenrir summon, Wall (casts protect and shell at once)
Noctis -
Special animation for dagger and spear blitz
White Mage -
Create potions for Drink menu
Items -
Remedy, X-Potion, Maiden's Kiss, Golden Needle, Elixir, Pure (for White Mage), Hero Drink (for White Mage)
Status Effects -
Frog, Confuse, Berserk, Paralyze, Petrify, Vanish
Boss -
Safer Sephiroth and all his attacks

Some more polish, bug fixes and a proper intro menu.

Then I'll be releasing a version where you can fight both Kefka and Safer Sephiroth.

After that I'll move on to adding menus and more characters and bosses. Once menus are working and new content added, I'll start working on dungeons. Hopefully I get a Cease and Desist order before that and spare me all that work.
  Find
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to Lefe for this post:
  • ppml (03-29-2019), Robo Jesus (06-24-2019), SSJ Rick (04-16-2019), Tenkarider (03-29-2019), Turbotastic (04-02-2019)

Messages In This Thread
Dissidia Sedecim - A recreation of FF6's combat engine - by Lefe - 03-29-2019, 11:35 AM