Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I'm working on an update to the compilation. It will include Alternative Rage and Stray Flash. It's not ready yet for one reason: I need to ask questions about some of the patches.

According to my tests, three patches write to an area FF3usME will blank (thus partially reverting the patches) when you select SAVE in FF3usME. Those three patches are as follows:

Duncan Stays Put (makes it so Duncan can't be made to clip through walls)

Miraculous, Death-Defying Always-Left-Facing Jumps in Zozo (I think this one is obvious)

Precious Jewels (makes it so Magi-Master's battle doesn't happen unless you truly take the Gem Box, rather than just step in front of it)

hairy_hen, you mention corruption occurring because of using the Zozo jumping patch. Can you tell me what causes the corruption? I noticed in my tests that FF3usME only PARTIALLY reverts that patch. Because that patch writes to more areas than merely the one FF3usME likes to blank. The same thing happens to the other two patches. I was considering the removal of the Zozo jumping patch for the corruption issue. But if a patch writing to that aforementioned area (is it a forbidden area?) is what causes the corruption, it stands to reason there is more than one patch I'll need to remove...

On the bright side, the three patches are all arguably expendable. Duncan Stays Put is the most important one here, I'd guess. Because it's certainly a bug. The other two are arguably not bugs. Perhaps there's a way to move the writing to somewhere else in ROM? Maybe at least do it with Duncan Stays Put?

SilentEnigma: Yes, very good catch. I accidentally put the Bottomless HP and MP Well patch in the wrong folder. :3 I'll update it soon. Please tell me about anything you think I should move. I'm very flexible for this.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • hairy_hen (06-09-2022)

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by CVReynolds - 04-14-2022, 03:31 PM