Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I just wanted to thank CV Reynolds, and of course the numerous people who made these bug fix patches, for all the work that has gone into this compilation.

I've lurked here occasionally since joining a few years ago, but never actually posted before since I wouldn't generally be able to contribute much to coding discussions. But since this compilation has been part of my Retranslated project almost from the beginning, I felt I should acknowledge what a difference it has made for me. Without it, I would have had to track down innumerable patches scattered around the web and somehow keep from mixing up which ones use a header and which don't... either that or just put up with the bugs and feel like my project wasn't as good as it could have been as a result. So, you all have my thanks for this. Smile

There have been a few parts of the compilation I've been obliged to remove in order to avoid causing conflicts with other aspects of Retranslated. Anything that modified menu text had to go since I renamed all the spells, items, enemies, and descriptions, and encountered some weird behavior before I took them out. The additional chocobo sprites had to be taken out as well (I believe I replaced it with the earlier Banon Riding patch), and most importantly the Zozo jump patch had to be taken out due to its potential to cause rom corruption. If I had to make a suggestion, it would be to remove the Zozo jump patch from the compilation since it appears to be more trouble than it's worth, and I'm not convinced that what it's fixing is actually a bug anyway.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to hairy_hen for this post:
  • CVReynolds (04-14-2022), madsiur (03-13-2022)

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by hairy_hen - 03-12-2022, 11:33 PM