Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
Hi CV, thanks as always for the new release. Allo Ver Fix makes a triumphant comeback!

Re: timing -- Your last update was in June, right? If you ask me, that's like a week ago in FF6 Hacking years. Tongue
What's most important is that you enjoy whatever time you spend on the project, take care of you first (obviously), and the rest can fall into place from there.

...Besides, I'd rather pick on @assassin for treating his recent (aka 5 years old) not-quite-finalized work as anything but an ongoing international crisis. As if hacking were some kind of nonbinding hobby! Sir, I'm going to need a refund for that missing readme.txt!

(10-06-2021, 01:00 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: They could use a new release on this forum, I think.

I recently had the occasion to go digging for this stuff, and I must admit it feels like I'm holding onto contraband now.
Perhaps I've said too much. Laugh

(10-06-2021, 01:00 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: UPDATED Everybody Gets a Chocobo! by PowerPanda. I don't remember what was changed anymore, but finally it is here.

The new version fixes a few miscolored pixels inherited from the Banon Riding sprite.
[Image: banon-sprite-fix_2021-06-30.png]

(10-06-2021, 01:00 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: UPDATED the Vanish + Doom fix by Assassin to include the Fenix Undead change. Now undead foes immune to instant death can't be killed instantly with Life/Fenix Down and the like. In the plain-flavored FF6 this only affects a single monster... Hidon. But this could be useful for hacks. Yes, I'm aware that some might not consider this to be a bug. But I always have and I'm glad to add this fix.

A solid add in my opinion.
FYI: This also affects Karkass & Lv.10 Magic.

(10-06-2021, 01:00 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: And according to my patch update dates I remade the Wild Cat/Mag Roader patch at some point. I have no idea why or whether something changed. Did I discover a prior existing error and fix it? I don't know. Did I screw something up before or now? I doubt it. But... MAYBE.

Whatever it was, it seems to be testing out all right on my end.
(Maybe just a different FF3usME version?)

(10-06-2021, 01:00 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: To clarify: any future Siegfried/Chupon fix will be optional. There's no "proper" way to fix this oversight in a straight-up bug-fix compilation. Hmm... Actually, I do think it would be acceptable if upon fighting Siegfried/Chupon in the Colosseum, Gau gets their Rages automatically and they never appear on the Veldt. That, I think, would be a superior fix because it doesn't interfere with anything else, even if it's a bit weird.

I agree with REDTITAN & Seibaby that the rages were probably left out intentionally. Possibly last minute during development.
If so, the bug is just the fact that they still have open spots on the field menu's Rage list.

I think I'll try doing a quick patch to remove those blanks, so that can be one option for your consideration.
It's probably going to be a ripoff of one of @assassin's patches (a released one).

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by SilentEnigma - 10-17-2021, 03:29 PM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM