Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Hello. After a much too long delay, I've returned with the new update. It is depression and a lack of motivation that makes this late, more than anything.

But I also had difficulty in deciding how to handle the Siegfried/Chupon issue. I ended up removing their patch, as I said I planned to. I haven't solved the matter in another way yet, so for now, you'll need to apply that "fix" yourself if you want them on the Veldt. Said fix is flawed, though. It allows Siegfried and Chupon to pincer attack the player, and their scripts are nothing but Battle and Sneeze respectively. So I made my own modification of the fix. My own version enhances their scripts a little and includes my "Rage Addendum" fix (which does nothing but make Siegfried/Chupon not pincer attack your party). But it's not ready for release yet. I might release it when I release the rest of my rudimentary fixes. They could use a new release on this forum, I think. But enough of that. Onto the update.

UPDATED Everybody Gets a Chocobo! by PowerPanda. I don't remember what was changed anymore, but finally it is here.

REMOVED Rage, by Terii senshi. The Siegfried and Chupon thing might be resolved at a later date. I dislike this oversight, but I don't think this is the way to fix it now.

REMOVED Rage Addendum, by C. V. Reynolds. It only made it so Siegfried and Chupon couldn't do solo pincer attacks. It's pointless without the above patch, so...

ADDED Allo Ver Fix by Master ZED. Because the "Rage" patch that added Siegfried and Chupon isn't included anymore. I didn't forget that patch included an Allo Ver fix, too. So Allo Ver is still in. :3

UPDATED the Vanish + Doom fix by Assassin to include the Fenix Undead change. Now undead foes immune to instant death can't be killed instantly with Life/Fenix Down and the like. In the plain-flavored FF6 this only affects a single monster... Hidon. But this could be useful for hacks. Yes, I'm aware that some might not consider this to be a bug. But I always have and I'm glad to add this fix.

And according to my patch update dates I remade the Wild Cat/Mag Roader patch at some point. I have no idea why or whether something changed. Did I discover a prior existing error and fix it? I don't know. Did I screw something up before or now? I doubt it. But... MAYBE.

Sadly but predictably, I don't yet have the list ready for the big patch split thing. But It's still in the cards, because I do have the patches organized. So maybe soon if I'm feeling okay. But... MAYBE. Forgive me. Sad

Take care, everyone.

EDIT: To clarify: any future Siegfried/Chupon fix will be optional. There's no "proper" way to fix this oversight in a straight-up bug-fix compilation. Hmm... Actually, I do think it would be acceptable if upon fighting Siegfried/Chupon in the Colosseum, Gau gets their Rages automatically and they never appear on the Veldt. That, I think, would be a superior fix because it doesn't interfere with anything else, even if it's a bit weird.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (10-06-2021), Joshua H. (10-12-2021), madsiur (10-06-2021), SilentEnigma (10-12-2021)

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by CVReynolds - 10-06-2021, 01:00 AM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM