Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Still working on this. It might be a while, because I'm juggling a lot of (well, too many anyway) projects both personal and public now. Plus hospital visits, plus social obligations, plus research, plus writing, plus trying to find some personal time to quiet my stress and anxiety so they don't kill me. But this is the most I've advanced the splitting project... ever. I'd even say it's going well.

I'm making some goofy guesses on where to put the patches in the split now, but that's what editing and testing afterward is for. I added "Actor Data" as one of the split patches. That encompasses patches like Celes' Rushing and Setzer's Bandana. I might add an Item Data one as well. I'll see where it all goes.

On the subject of patch layering, though... The ordering of patches is more important than you'd guess. By my quick count, 34 of the patches in the comp must be applied in a specific order versus at least one other patch. And they aren't all Leet's and aren't all battle patches. There's one case where one patch depends on another patch... which depends on yet another, for a three-tier stack. I have a system that keeps me from patching anything in the wrong order though, so no worries about me making a mistake. :3

Would it be good to include all of the readme files I could? I could try to do that if the patch makers would like.

Also, I'm thinking of removing the patch that enables Allo Ver, Siegfried, and Chupon on the Veldt and replacing it with the one by Assassin that only enables Allo Ver. It messes with less data and I feel that perhaps it ISN'T a bug that Siegfried and Chupon don't appear on the Veldt? Opinions? If I do this, I'll create an extra optional patch to put Siegfried and Chupon on the Veldt. If I keep it in, I'll split it from the Allo Ver patch for better customizing of choice (Terii Senshi's Siegfried and Chupon one edits monster formations and my addendum does a little too).

Always looking for feedback. Thank you all for believing in this project's continued growth and for all your understanding.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (08-24-2021)

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by CVReynolds - 06-11-2021, 01:47 PM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM