Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Update: Stuck in a Pose (by SilentEnigma) updated to 2.9 for that sweet compatibility. :3

Sorry for being so late on this. I haven't had time to work on this lately. I'm also well behind on some other projects I'm working on (maybe some FF1 and FF5 bug-fix comps, definitely a Secret of Mana script edit).

I feel like addressing something I don't think I ever did before. When I put together this bug-fix, I did it because... well, I wanted people to use it. I saw people saying they wished to have one, so I made it so. I wanted people to use it alone, or with my script edit, or with their own projects. I'm glad to see all this happening. Because of the task of keeping the files up to date and the time that takes, I prefer it to be hosted only on this site (FF6Hacking) currently. I'm sure everyone knows that by now. I aim it to stay that way, especially because frankly I hate romhacking.net. I know I've posted there a few times over the years, but I've always felt very unwelcome there. And honestly I think it displays the toxic side of gaming culture I hate most. So I limited my posts to attempts at helping some people, even though that has not always gone well for me. Lots of stuff doesn't go well for me, but that's life. But I've noticed some people crediting me with the bug-fix comp on their own hacks on that site. It's made me wonder if my "THIS SITE ONLY" message discouraged anyone else from using the bug-fix comp. Even a little. So I feel I should address that now. I want to say I'm TOTALLY okay with people using the bug-fix comp in their projects on other sites (including THAT one), whether they credit me or not. I maintain that I didn't do the real work. Our community's hackers and coders did the work over the years. I only put it together, which was the easiest part. Aside from the Blitz Tutorial fix (which I'm proud of), my own included patches were on/off switch in FF3usME stuff. Really though, I'm very happy people want to use the bug-fix comp and I'm flattered they thought to nicely credit me for it, the people I credited in my readme file did the real work. They're the smart ones. I'm just a boss of doing tedious stuff. ;P And I'd love to see them all credited for their patches. Thank you all. :3

Oh, and for the people discouraged from using the bug-fix comp in your project because of text edits, graphic edits, etcetera overwriting their own stuff: I'm going to try ONCE AGAIN at dividing the comp into parts. And yes, I did some work on it. Would it be a good idea to separate them by the sections of the ROM they write to? Currently my folder setup looks like this:

Battles
Events
Graphics
Map
Menu
Monster Formations
Monster Scripts
Script (the game's dialog)

But I worry it might be redundant or just too much.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • madsiur (06-01-2021), SilentEnigma (06-02-2021)

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by CVReynolds - 06-01-2021, 01:09 AM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM