Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Quote:Removed "Incoherent Gungho" The issue isn't a bug, it's bad translation. I don't think the problem should be fixed this way anymore. Fixing the broken script should suffice in fixing this the right way. My script-fix will address this.

you sure?  how does RPGOne's translation handle the dialogue?  preliminary script here:
http://www.skyrender.net/ff6script.txt

if the incoherency is still there, then what are the odds that both Woolsey and Sky Render made a bad translation, when the latter was going out of his way to not rely on the former?

it always seemed odd to me how *both* the with-Strago and sans-Strago conversations were messed up, and then one elegant change could remedy both by bringing instant clarity without rewriting a single word of text.

does the way that the GBA/etc.  remake team chose to approach the incoherency necessarily tell us the true source of the original flaw 13 years prior?

---

EDIT: one thing i was skeptical of is how a single line ("When you were younger you hunted Hidon [...]") could possibly apply in two conversations where Gungho wasn't even addressing the same person!  admittedly, Khwazit seems to have solved it by making the line pronoun-less (iow, an implied subject):
https://kwhazit.ucoz.net/trans/ff6/34betray.html

however, he outright states that he was addressing the incoherency by avoiding a subject.  clever, but seems kind of like putting a thumb on the scale.

it's valid English, though strikes me as a rare approach in this game.

i would like to know what the subject was in the original Japanese.

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by assassin - 08-10-2020, 04:46 AM
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM