Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I'm coming back to this after a long-ish break from hacking. Basically, 6 months ago, I spent about 10 hours re-writing the optimize sequence, and when I couldn't get it to work, decided to take a break. 6-months later, it's time to get back on this one.  Laugh

My question is in loading the accumulator. Any time the sequence is not targeting the R hand, the accumulator is loaded. Here are examples:
Code:
Fork: Put a shield in L-Hand
C3/9737:    A901        LDA #$01       ; Target: L-Hand
C3/9739:    854B        STA $4B        ; Set body part

Fork: Put a weapon in L-Hand
C3/9751:    A901        LDA #$01       ; Target: L-Hand
C3/9753:    854B        STA $4B        ; Set body part

Fork: Optimize helmet
C3/976B:    A902        LDA #$02       ; Target: Head
C3/976D:    854B        STA $4B        ; Set body part

Fork: Optimize armor
C3/9780:    A903        LDA #$03       ; Target: Torso
C3/9782:    854B        STA $4B        ; Set body part

In my code, I have a fail-over built into the Genji Glove equipment. If it equips a Genji Glove enabled weapon to the character's R-hand, then finds that there is no other weapon in the inventory that can be dual-wielded, it unequips the first weapon and forces you into a R-hand weapon L-hand shield configuration.

Since the L-hand has already been saved to $4B, I'm assuming I have to re-specify that we're now looking at the R-hand. Would I do that by adding this code in? Or will it screw things up to LDA #$00? (Sorry if it's a basic question. I'm... a little rusty.)
Code:
A9 00     LDA #$00  ; Target: R-Hand
85 4B     STA $4B   ; Set Body Part

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove - by PowerPanda - 02-19-2019, 05:51 PM