Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(08-12-2018, 05:23 PM)assassin Wrote: yeah, that finite nature and hypothetical coexistence concerns kept me away from the method initially.  but after nearly a decade with most of the bits going unclaimed, i concluded my worries were mostly academic, and that it was time to adapt. Tongue

Exactly. There are 4 unclaimed bits, and only 3 improvements that would potentially claim those bits anyway (Brushless Sketch, Jump Megafix, Ignore Defense). It's time to stop holding these in reserve! If someone doesn't want to use them, they just don't have to apply the patch.

As for the equipment special bits, there are only 4 that I have seen claimed.
1. HatZen's full roster hack moves the Merit Award and Active While Imp bits to the 2 unused bits on Special 4.
2. Unhardcoded Tintinnabar uses another. I forget which one.
3. Drakkhen's "Ignore Defense B" patch claims another (currently, the same bit as Merit Award, but I'm retrofitting that)

(08-12-2018, 05:23 PM)assassin Wrote: as for the initial Genji Glove question, i suspect that menu enforcement will be more of a pain than battle mechanics.  for the latter, i lean toward recommending expanding C2/0F6F to check both weapon hands, and if one lacks the compatibility, branch to C2/0F61 or 0F68 to zero its Battle Power.  (if both lack it, then zero one at random or arbitrarily.)

now, robust menu enforcement might prevent the need for this check.  but it's probably worth doing in case of PAR codes or bugs stuffing weapons into two hands, or something being overlooked in the fictional menu code.

I'm thinking the same thing. I don't have to worry about battle mechanics, because Genji Glove's functionality is already programmed into the game. I just have to worry about excluding weapons from the list of equippable items. I've done some initial research, but I've had a lot going on this weekend, so I haven't yet figured out exactly what needs to be done.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove - by PowerPanda - 08-12-2018, 11:16 PM