Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
yeah, that finite nature and hypothetical coexistence concerns kept me away from the method initially.  but after nearly a decade with most of the bits going unclaimed, i concluded my worries were mostly academic, and that it was time to adapt. Tongue

whenever i update, i'll include the previous version's .asm files in the archives, for curiosity and for anybody who wants to retrofit it to use icons.  i'll probably stop short of including old .IPS files, because other changes are planned, and i want to discourage use of obsolete patches, but also not have to maintain forks of the patches.

-----

as for the initial Genji Glove question, i suspect that menu enforcement will be more of a pain than battle mechanics.  for the latter, i lean toward recommending expanding C2/0F6F to check both weapon hands, and if one lacks the compatibility, branch to C2/0F61 or 0F68 to zero its Battle Power.  (if both lack it, then zero one at random or arbitrarily.)

now, robust menu enforcement might prevent the need for this check.  but it's probably worth doing in case of PAR codes or bugs stuffing weapons into two hands, or something being overlooked in the fictional menu code.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove - by assassin - 08-12-2018, 05:23 PM