The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I've been trying to convince myself for a month that I didn't need to do this hack. In fact, I have a list that I have kept in my project folder of "brilliant ideas that are out of the scope of my project". The problem is that my very first romhack was for Final Fantasy Tactics, and once you have hacked both games, it becomes abundantly clear that the battle system for FFT began as an adaptation of FF6, or was at least heavily based off of FF6. See, in FFT, there are 2 equivalent support abilities based on relics in FF6. The Samurai class learns Two Hands, which is the Gauntlet, and the Ninja class learns Two Swords, which is the Genji Glove. Every weapon in the game then has property bits that state which of those 2 abilities they can be used with. FF6, in turn, only has a property bit for weapons that can be used with the Gauntlet.

This needs to change.

So, I am looking into creating a hack that adds the weapon property "Dual" on bit $04. I haven't figured out the complete list of weapons excluded yet, but it would definitely include all Spears and Katanas. As always, before I begin, I just want to check to see if anybody has done this hack before, but never released it.

Also note that I am looking to totally fill up the weapon properties bit, so let me know if you have any of the others. The list will be as follows (new properties marked with an *)
*01: 2x Damage on Jump (replacing the hardcoded check for spears)
02: SwdTech
*04: Dual (aka Genji Glove)
*08: Sketch (rewriting Assassin's "Brushless Sketch" patch to check for this bit. Not complete yet)
*10: Piercing (Drakkhen's "Ignore Defense" patch)
20: Same damage from back row
40: 2-Hand
*80: Runic/Shock (GrayShadows has already completed this patch, which checks this bit for Shock as well)

Note: Of the ones listed above, the only bit that would need text displayed when you view details from the item list is "Dual"

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Excluding Weapons from Use With Genji Glove - by PowerPanda - 08-11-2018, 12:47 PM