Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6: Dancing Mad (MSU-1 Hack)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Just spotted this thread, thought I'd give an update (I've done a fair chunk of the audio work for the mod).
Current project location:
https://github.com/Insidious611/DancingMadFF6/releases

The NMI fading issue still exists, and is probably the last remaining major bug. Lack of fading was causing some audio bugs (music playing when there should be silence, such as the last scene on the Phantom Train with Cyan, as well as some of Shadow's dreams). The current rough workaround until fading is fixed is setting the MSU audio to 0 volume as soon as a fade is called, this leads to a few spots where the music cuts off abruptly instead of fading out (it's not that bad).

The installer will patch the ROM, as well as optionally installing the Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition patch, a 'Cut Songs Restoration' patch I whipped up to reintroduce the cut songs that were released on the FFVI Special Tracks album without removing any of the existing tracks, and Madsiur's Music Player patch (it needed a bit of tweaking, by Madsiur, to be fully compatible with the MSU mod). The installer will also download the PCM files from one of Insidious's... 4 servers? (however many it was, he's got a few fallbacks programmed incase the main server can't connect).

Speaking of the PCMs, there are LOTS of options for the music as well:
*Final Fantasy VI Original Sound Version Remastered
*Final Fantasy VI Acoustic Renditions album
*OCRemix's Balance and Ruin album
*FinalFanTim - Final Fantasy VI [Remastered Edition] Unreleased Tracks
*Sean Schafianski - Final Fantasy VI Remastered Soundtrack: Disc One (we just found out about disk 2, it's been converted and will be available through the installer with the next hotfix release)
*ChrystalChameleon's FF6 Orchestrated (If you're not using this version of Dark World, you're missing out on something amazing)
*As well as several individual tracks by various others (collectively lumped into the OTH category), including The Black Mages FFVI tracks (There's only 3-4 The Black Mages FFVI tracks; OTH Dancing Mad is The Black Mages version, simply amazing).
*Final Fantasy VI Special Tracks album (only if you opt-in for the Cut Songs Restoration mod)

Pretty much every song has multiple options for the PCM you want.

Video playlist of the different versions of the Opera I've converted for the project (ATM only the OST and Game Music Concert 4's versions are available through the installer, next hotfix they'll get added in, I can send anyone a link if they don't want to wait though)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIn5t4TG...9AfUCiaBmS

And.... I think that covers everything.

*edit- So there was ANOTHER thread I missed, lol. And it even already included my Opera videos (I'm partial to the Black Mages' version myself).

@Yoshivoodoo If you still need any music converted to PCM, I can take care of that for you. I'm quite good at seamlessly looping audio.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to edale for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (05-19-2018)

Messages In This Thread
FF6: Dancing Mad (MSU-1 Hack) - by madsiur - 02-24-2018, 11:45 PM
RE: FF6: Dancing Mad (MSU-1 Hack) - by madsiur - 03-18-2018, 09:32 AM
RE: FF6: Dancing Mad (MSU-1 Hack) - by madsiur - 04-19-2018, 12:01 AM
RE: FF6: Dancing Mad (MSU-1 Hack) - by madsiur - 04-19-2018, 01:33 AM
RE: FF6: Dancing Mad (MSU-1 Hack) - by madsiur - 07-10-2018, 11:44 AM
RE: FF6: Dancing Mad (MSU-1 Hack) - by madsiur - 07-25-2018, 11:40 AM
RE: FF6: Dancing Mad (MSU-1 Hack) - by edale - 05-18-2018, 06:25 AM