The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Resuming a secret FF6 (FF3us) project

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
First and foremost I'm coming out of retirement.  So yay me.  But, I need some serious help and such on this project.  I'm rusty and I've forgotten things, plus there is so much that is new with the FF6 hacking scene that I need a serious refresher.  LOL

Ok so I came up with this idea about 7 years ago or so and around 2012 I started working on it. I spent about a year doing it part time here and there.  I am keeping it secret for a variety of reasons, first and foremost to surprise the community and secondly so I won't get a C&D.  This is why I'll be generic until I can form a team.  I originally had on the team; Gi Nattak, Madsiur, assassin (?), and someone who's name escapes me doing the character graphics last time but I have no idea what their availability is now so I'll just put this out there and see who's available.  I need 2~3 people who's got mad skills hacking FF6 for the items listed under the progress %'s.  

Progress:
Dialogue: 10%
Characters: 75%
Enemies: 90%
Graphics: 75%
Items: 90%
Spells: 5%
Music: 95%
Overworld: 95%
Maps: 0%
Events: 0%
Assembly: 10%
Menus: 0%
Miscellaneous: 10%
-------------------------------
Overall: 43%

So here's how I breakdown what is needed...

Story/Dialogue text <-- Doing most of this myself but will need some assistance with proofreading it and formatting.

Characters (data) <-- I'll do this.

Monsters (graphics and data) <-- Almost done, but could use some help here with reducing the colors down to 16 on some of my sprites so that they don't look like crap.  Oh and some AI/dialogue.

Dialogue font <-- Done.

Menu font <-- Would love to have someone add in the font changer menu...  Otherwise I'll finish out the remaining tiles.

Items <-- I'll do this.

Item descriptions <-- I'll do this.

Spells <-- Could use some help creating some custom spells.

Character EXP, HP/MP growth <-- I'll do this.

Misc Text <-- Funny thing, I cannot remember what this is...  LOL!  

Title screen <-- Would love to have someone skip the white Final Fantasy III title and following intro to go straight to the New Game / Load 
Game screen after my splash screen.  I believe I was going back and forth with assassin on this but I cannot really remember...you know...getting old and such.

Intro <-- Done.

Music: <-- Thanks Mike!  I need some more songs!  Wink

Graphics <-- Desperately need someone to finish the character sprites, start on NPC sprites, and such.

Overworld <-- I'll do this but will need some help with overworld events and how to do a day/night cycle.

Maps & Events <-- This is where I need the most help.  I just cannot seem to understand how to create and draw area/dungeon maps, I quite literally do not have the skills and patience to do this.  And I have zero experience with events for FF6.  Only FF4 so I need a ton of help here, unless there is a easy to use event editor out now?

Menu changes <-- Need someone to help me design my menus.  

Assembly <-- I have some things like the day/night cycle, the font switcher menu, music player, and other changes I'd like to see if they can be made.  

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Resuming a secret FF6 (FF3us) project - by JCE3000GT - 05-15-2017, 12:02 PM