Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: Restored Ability Names (Update)

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
Kugawattan, it looks like your hack expands the ROM, right? Angelo's hack expands it as well, and the only way to do that in an IPS patch is to write data to the whole expanded section - so a lot of your stuff was probably overwritten by filler bytes because of that. The solution would be to restore your hack data in the expanded section of the ROM (offset 300200 and up) from a backup after you've applied Angelo's patch.

I also see you listed a conflict at 3201FE, (a.k.a. F2/01FE) - that's where spell name data is stored from Angelo's hack... not to mention the other conflicts. So I think your troubles are just beginning with this, and they probably go beyond the world map issue. It's probably going to take studying both hacks in detail, relocating Angelo's expanded data, and assembly hacking in order to fix everything. And at that rate, you'd probably be better off implementing this hack yourself from scratch.

Good luck on whatever you decide, sorry for my lack of optimism!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: Restored Ability Names (Update) - by SilentEnigma - 03-16-2016, 09:25 PM