Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Patch: Restored Ability Names (Update)

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Hi! Um, I seem to have a small issue using this patch. It is a problem with my ROM and not the patch itself: I seem to have issues installing it on my currently-under-progress hack.
I've been working for quite a while on my hack, and just now I've decided to use this patch (not being able to use usME to edit he names scared me). I apply it, and it seems to run just fine, until I checked out the WoB map...
[Image: crossover_crisis__ean__00000_by_kugawattan-d9v4vej.bmp]
It is completely blank white. I can still encounter monsters, check the menu, everything else seems to be fine. A quick look at the Level Editor brings me this message...

"System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The value of '15' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Name of the parameter: Value
   in System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   in FF3LE.Levels.InitializeSubtile()
   in FF3LE.Levels.InitializeTile()
   in FF3LE.Levels.RefreshLevel_ProgressChanged(Object sender, ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
   in System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnProgressChanged(ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
   in System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.ProgressReporter(Object arg)"

Now, the WoB map is the only thing apparently affected. This doesn't happen on a clean rom, so I obviously messed something up. Thing is, I can't figure out what did I do. I not done any asm, and mostly limited myself to small event edits, not changing anything if I didn't know what it did. 

Do you (or anyone for that matter) know what can cause this to happen, and how can I fix this? For the record, installing Angelo's patch also causes this for me. Thanks in advance.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: Restored Ability Names (Update) - by Kugawattan - 03-13-2016, 08:39 PM