Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
Well.... It looks like I am going to be gone for quite some time again. As this is the last day I have access to a pc before my long cross country move.
I was working on Impresario but didn't get far enough along to post anything significant. (as I said though he would be easy to create using the newly made train engineer as a base template) a new version of Arvis could also be made with that sprite as well...

Anyway, I hope that I've been decent help for this project as its something I'm interested in as well. Plus, I personally feel that I managed to tackle one of the more difficult human npc sprites (That woman) whew the hair looked like such a mess up close and pixonal lol. The fun part of this project was challenging myself to stick to the vanilla palettes and give the sprites as much potential as possible.

Just one last side note here, its actually extremely easy to create professional looking battle ready sprites out of these npcs if you just remember that practically all of the npcs bear distant resemblances to various original playable characters and can thus be used as templates.
Examples:
The Figaro Chancellor was created using the imperial soldier

Daryl was made with Terra as a base (there are some close resemblances, making me think the original sprite maker of this game did the same when making the Daryl npc.

Vargas, obviously modeled after Sabin

Rachel had resemblances to Celes

I once made a version of Zigfried that shared the same poses as Cyan. (a great choice template)

Katarin was an oddball exception, she is short, but not short enough to use Relm as a proper template so she turned out to be an experiment...

Anyway, my point being that making a good choice on using a pc character template made it easy to produce several sprites over such a short period.
I suppose ill be back one day to finish...
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC - by Zozma - 01-07-2016, 02:52 AM