Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Well, actually I THINK I can expand battle palettes to allow one per sprite, overworld? Not happening, but battle possibly.

The problem is, would have to make the sprite look correct with the vanilla overworld palette, then somehow make it look the same using the same sprite with a custom battle palette that functioned correctly. Wow that sounds even more complicated when I read it than it did in my head. Not sure its even possible to pull that off correctly but might be an options eventually.

Even if possible, setting it up probably won't be much fun either.

Another option is two different sprites, map sprite that uses whatever it needs, then a completely different battle sprite sheet with custom palette set up battle compatible that looks the same (just with the palette in the proper order).

While I get the feeling I overuse the hell out of this excuse: "That is an end-user decision/fix". I going to try and lay the foundation for such a thing to be possible, but it will be up to the end user to decide just how far they want to do something like that. It might be worth it to have two copies of a sprite sheet for in and out of battle if you knew exactly which you needed to have fully correct, but not even plausable to do a blanket fix that requires that much extra space/work/effort.

So yeah, just keep up the good work and keep in mind, some minor details can and will work themselves out in the end, or in the least be beat into submission on a case by case basis.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC - by Catone - 12-14-2015, 08:28 AM