Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-12-2015, 07:26 PM)catone Wrote: Would like some opinions on how this looks. Really.

I think they look good. They don't really clash with each others. If you had FFT style portrait for all human characters (even the main cast) it would be ideal. Maybe the Amano pastel colors will contrast a bit with FFT brownish palettes.

(12-12-2015, 07:26 PM)catone Wrote: I plan on making another to go with it that uses random poses from each sprite sheet for portraits. Then maybe another that uses all right facing sprites.

At one point I wanted to load a random (among the 4 best) pose of the spritesheet and display that as a portrait. However the tile arrangement is a bit messy (see here). At the time I did not realized tiles were probably in that order in the ROM it would require some shuffling of the poses. I'd have better chance to pull it off now than 3 years ago. Yes, you can always create a 40x40 png with a static pose in the middle, but it's lazy and less flexible. I realized that option after sending to some newbie that did that questions about how he/she managed to load a sprite pose as portrait.

While searching for my old noob portrait thread, I found another you... (or just you before Tongue)

(12-12-2015, 07:26 PM)catone Wrote: If you happen to know who's Vargas that is, or who's that is period, I would like to know.

I dunno about Vargas but I want royalties for the Fish portrait. My (now dead) uncle sprited that, he was working as a spriter on Bass Masters Classic and Super Black Bass...
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC - by madsiur - 12-12-2015, 08:05 PM