Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
[Image: 8l7n5tzz68aj22pzg.jpg]

Why another screen shot of NPC in battle? Mostly because 3/4 of the sprites in this shot wouldn't load into battle two days ago. Also because its just cool. (Just to be clear, yes those sprites are loaded by assigning the normal NPC graphics to a PC, no PC sprites were replaced to make this screenshot.)

As for a quick update, started working on moving/expanding the Portrait pointer data. The list is expanded to cover all the NPC's up to Ramah. (Could go higher actually... I think. Temping... hrm... ...)

Anyway, did that, and started the list for Map Character pointers that need to be directed toward the new complete Sheets, and updated the first post of the thread to show current status.

What I kinda drifted off on up there was this: The sprite sheet after Ramah is a riding sprite of the Figaro Guard. There is also a Dead sprite of a Figaro Guard at around #80 or so. Since both of those are now in the completed normal Figaro Guard sprite sheet, why couldn't those be replaced with whole new sprites and used like normal?

Also, I remember seeing something about placing a sprite pose in the slot next to the tent on a sprite sheet (the Kanji symbols?) and using it as you would any other. If that's true, why couldn't you place the "Celes in chains" pose that has its own graphic number on that slot of her normal sheet and put a full new sprite sheet in the place of the chained sprite?

Would have to go back and do some reworking of what I've already wrote (didn't account for expanding the expanded list... but if it would work, more sprite options are always better. It would be worth it I think.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC - by Catone - 04-07-2015, 09:54 PM