Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Got'em, thanks again.

On a semi related note, I need to recolor some of your other sprites. (I think they are all listed on the first post).

First, I do have to ask if its okay for me to recolor them to the default color palettes, hopefully without screwing up good looking sprites.

I finally got Egger's palette patch to install without crashing somehow (still not sure where the issue was, everything just started working and now I can't even force it to crash... pure dumb luck ftw) and need them to match the original NPCs after being inserted.

Second, there has got to be a better way of recoloring(well shuffling a palette index?) of a sprite rather than one pixel at a time. It has been awhile but I'm having no success what so ever getting an image editor to index a palette for importing. It keeps the palette, just never in the correct order. Even adding a palette map to the top of a sprite isnt keeping it in the intended order. Looks fine when I export it, looks fine in Gimp when I import it, looks fine when I adjust all the colors in Gimp, import it to a game editor and it looks like a bad acid trip...

In other words, anybody have a link to a tutorial on maintaining palette order during importing handy? Maybe I just forgot a step somewhere.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Sprite Sheet Expansion Battle & NPC - by Catone - 04-03-2015, 11:17 AM